Friendsgiving (Pt.2)

Eddie's POV

"Gareth, please don't tell her." I begged him. "If you get her involved I will never forgive you." I slurred at him. My head was dizzy and I couldn't stand straight. 

"It's for your own good." Gareth said. He dragged me to the van and shoved me into the back. I laid there limp and feeling defenseless. 

"Gareth, I swear to fuck!" I tried yelling, but winced from the sudden pain that shot into my head. He ignored me as he got into the drivers seat and took off. "Please, please, please." I kept begging as I closed my eyes, trying to numb the pain that was radiating in my face. 

"You did this to yourself, man." Was the last thing I heard before I drifted off to sleep. 

(Y/N)'s POV

My stomach churned at the many possibilities going on in my head as Gareth walked me out to the van in my driveway. He took a deep breath before opening the back doors, revealing Eddie passed out on the floor. I sighed in disappointment as I got a closer look. His lip was cut open while a black eye formed along with a bruise on his cheek. 

"What happened?" I asked Gareth as I stared down at Eddie. His knuckles were ripped open and even from where I stood I could smell the alcohol that radiated off of him. 

"We ended up getting a last minute gig at The Hideout, so we went to play and after-" Gareth's hand ran through his hair as he looked down at Eddie. "We were drinking, Eddie was drinking a little too much, then some guy came up to him and according to Eddie, the guy mentioned you then a fight broke out. I don't know. He has been a complete mess all day and was even messing up on stage. I've never seen him like this before." My heart broke after hearing his words, but what came next was a shock. 

"Why did you bring him here instead of taking him home?" I asked him. I would love to take care of Eddie, but there was no reason to bring him to my house. Eddie didn't seem to want to be around me, so what went through Gareth's head at that time? He could have even taken Eddie to the hospital.

"Because I wanted to show you how I was right." Gareth looked at me with a mean stare. 

"What?" I was taken aback. What was he getting at?

"You guys aren't good for one another. Eddie was never like this until he met you." I wanted to fight back, telling him how he wasn't right, but I stayed silent, letting his words soak in. "You've dug so deep into his brain that nothing else around him seems to matter. He rarely shows up for practice, he's distracted at Hellfire-" Gareth took a step closer to me, getting in my face. "Stay away from him."

"Gareth, I have no idea what drugs you're on, but how about you take a step back." I warned him. Gareth never listened and, instead, took another step closer. I could smell his breath now and it burned my nose from the scent of vodka. 

"(Y/N), stay away from him." Gareth tried again, but this only angered me more. 

"I said step back." I growled. "You're not thinking straight and you're pissing me off." I brought my hands up on his chest and pushed him back to give myself space. Gareth looked down at my hands, rage quickly possessing his soul. 

"What the fuck." Gareth snatched my wrist into his hand and brought it up to his face. "Why in the hell do you have Eddie's ring on?"

"Get your hands off of me, or I swear, Gareth." I tried ripping my wrist out of his grip, but it only tightened. I tried to stay strong, but slight panic surfaced inside of me as the memories of my nightmares snuck into my thoughts. Gareth's face slowly morphed into my father's. 

"You're nothing. You'll never be my daughter." He hissed at me. My eyes grew wide as I stared at my father in disbelief. What was going on? I looked back over at Eddie in the van. "Don't look at him. He can't help you." My father chuckled. "I think it's a little pathetic, honestly. You really believe he loves you? You weren't born to be loved. You were an experiment, (Y/N), a failed experiment and that's all you'll ever be."