With or Without You

"Stay here." Steve gave me a pathetic thumbs up as he laid still in the grass. I ran inside to look for help, not wanting to ruin the groups night by telling them what happened, so I found the next best thing: Luke. 

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Luke looked at me in a concerned way as I tried to take a deep breath. The anxiety from what happened took my breath away and it was all still processing at a snails pace. 

"No." I let out a small sob. Luke pulled me into his arms and I hugged him tightly back. 

"What happened? Did someone hurt you?" Luke pulled back to look me up and down for any sign of harm. 

"No, I'm fine." I told him, shaking my head. "Eddie showed up and saw Steve kiss me and then they got in a fight and, and-" 

"Alright, alright, show me where Steve is." I nodded my head and showed Luke the way. When we got to Steve, he was just laying there with his knees up, looking up at the sky with a blank stare. My heart broke from the blood that covered his face, but a part of me knew that he kind of deserved it by not keeping his mouth shut. "Ah, fuck. Why do you keep doing this to yourself, Harrington?"

Luke bent down on the ground and analyzed Steve's face. As he did this, I started to worry about Eddie. I hadn't seen him since yesterday morning, he cancels on my plans while some chick is talking in the background telling him to hang up on me, he never calls me back, and now he walks away from me after leaving Steve in a pool of his own blood. The sadness inside of me was now turning into anger. 

"Go find Eddie. I got this." Luke interrupted my thoughts as he stood Steve up, wrapping his arm around Steve and pulling him up. I gave him a look to ask if he was sure and he nodded. 

I made my way around the house, looking for Eddie to give him a piece of my mind. I was beyond furious and I felt like others could tell as they parted like the Red Sea to let me through. After looking in the house, I walked out of the front to look for him and there he was. He was standing on the other side of the street with Gareth as he smoked a cigarette. I thought he stopped smoking. I guess he still does it when he's pissed off. 

I stomped way over to them. Gareth was the first to notice me and his eyes went wide at the way I looked. He became nervous and said something to Eddie, causing him to look over at me. Eddie kept his mean act up as he blew out the disgusting smoke from his mouth. Gareth backed up as I got right up to Eddie and shoved him. 

"What the fuck, (Y/N)?" Eddie was pissed as he looked at me, shoving the cancerous stick back into his mouth to take one last drag before stomping it out on the sidewalk. 

"What's wrong with you, Munson?" Eddie looked as if he flinched at his last name. I never called him that unless I was joking around and occasionally it popped out of my mouth. This time, I said his name in a venomous way to let him know I was hurt. Eddie's eyes softened a bit before growing hard again. 

"What's wrong with me? You're the one I caught kissing on another guy." Eddie's brown eyes were full of hurt. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and hold him. I didn't want to fight with him, but if a fight is what he wanted then a fight is what he's going to get. 

"I didn't kiss him! He kissed me!" I yelled at him. Gareth walked away at this point, joining the party once more as thunder started above our heads. 

"Yeah, okay, am I supposed to believe that?" It was as if Eddie stabbed me right in the heart. Why would he think that I would kiss Steve back? 

"Do you really think that I would kiss him back? I don't have feelings for Steve. I have feelings for your dumbass." I shoved my finger into his chest, angry at the thought that Eddie didn't believe in me. Was he giving up on us?