We Could Be Heroes

~ Heroes by Peter Gabriel ~

(Y/N)'s POV

I ran as fast as I could, but with that, my cut began to bleed again. I cursed the world as I raced down the steps. As I made it to the bottom floor, I realized I'm on the wrong side of the building from the opening in the glass. 

"Fuck!" I screamed in a panic. I told myself to calm down and brought my flashlight up to point into the hallway walls, wanting to know what was on the walls. There it was. The dark red stain of fingerprints being dragged down to the floor where the light radiated off of another glob of a rotting body. I put my hand over my mouth as everything started hitting me at once. How did I not smell or see any of this before?

I made my way down the hall, trying to keep my eyes in a straight line to avoid seeing anymore bodies. I don't think I'd be mentally sane if I had to see anything like this again. I might as well throw myself into a mental hospital after all this. No one would ever believe me. 

Another noise came from behind me and this time I got to see what it was. Two dog looking animals were standing behind me. They had slimy skin and long fingers, so I know they weren't really dogs. What confirmed my suspicion of not being dogs was the fact that their faces opened up like a killer flower with many teeth.

I screamed louder than I ever have before before turning around and running. What is going on? Is this apart of my parents experiment? Am I going to die?

One of the dogs jumped onto my back, knocking me over and making me drop my flashlight. I managed to turn my body around at the same time the thing opened up his face. As he leaned down to bite me, I reached up and grabbed him by the throat, trying to push him off of me. 

"Get off of me." I screamed. I put my feet underneath him and kicked him off of me. The dog let out a whining sound as he hit the wall. I tried to get up after that to have the higher ground, but stopped in my tracks, letting out a screech of pain. The second dog was biting my leg - the same leg I scratched earlier. 

I tried kicking the dog with my leg until the other way from earlier bit into my side. I let out another scream of pain before trying to fight back as much as I could. My vision was getting too blurry to keep trying and I went to accept my fate of dying. I was going to be with Brandon and Eddie again and I know Juliet is in a good place with Mrs. Wheeler, so shouldn't I just allow death to hit me?

"Get the fuck off of her." The dog whimpered after get smacked off of me. The second dog on my leg looked up and growled at the being above me. I couldn't tell who it was in the darkness as the world started to fade out. I did, however, hear the screaming and what sounded like gun shots. 

"(Y/N)!" Juliet's angelic voice sounded worried as I felt her try to shake me awake. 

"Is she alright?"

"No, we have to get her to a hospital, now!"

"Get her out of here!" 

"Darling, listen, it's me, you have to stay awake, okay?" Someone reached underneath me and scooped me up, hurting my wounds. I would be crying out in pain if it weren't for the fact that I was on the brink of death. The only thing keeping me awake was that nickname. There was only one person who called me that.

------------------------

Eddie's POV

"Hey, guys."

"What the fuck, Munson?" Steve asked me, in total shock, even though he was the one that swung a baseball bat at my head. I looked around the group in confusion as they stared at me in horror.