The Beginning of the End

Eddie's POV

"Duck!" Robin yelled at me as she swung the machete over my head, bringing a bat to the ground.

We were all breathing heavily at this point. It was exhausting. It was as if the bats were multiplying the more we killed them. Juliet looked like she was ready to pass out at any second as another wave of bats came crashing down. 

"Steve!" Dustin screamed as a bat wrapped its slimy tail around Steve's neck and pulled him to the ground, causing more bats to rush over and rip at his flesh. Dustin tried to get over to him in time, but he was attacked as well. That was when I slowly started to realize that we weren't even close to winning. We were losing. 

"Eddie, help me!" Those same three words that haunted me before with (Y/N) were now back to bite me in the ass with Juliet. I ran over to her as she fell to the ground. There was blood dripping down her ears, nose and eyes. 

"Get here inside!" I yelled at Erica and Max. They nodded and stood her up, carrying her into the trailer as Lucas fought off the bats that tried to attack them. 

I turned to look over at Steve and noticed Robin was able to kill off some of the bats, allowing Steve to stand up and rip the bat off of his neck. He then grabbed its tail and screamed as he slammed it on the ground multiple times. He was spitting blood as he stood on the bats back and ripped its body in half. 

"Holy shit." Robin smiled. "That was badass."

"We have to get out of here." I told them as I killed the bat that attacked Dustin. 

"We can't just leave everyone in the Creel house." Robin told me. 

"We're not going to. We're going to that house and we're rescuing everyone." I ran over to the trailer and snatched the door open. "We have a break before the next wave of bats come through. It's time to run." I went over and checked Juliet to see if she was alright. 

"She's resting. She can't go fighting." Max told me. 

"Then get her out of here. The gate is still open. You guys just wait at the house and be safe." I told them. 

"What? I'm not going back and leaving everyone behind." Lucas became mad and stood up. 

"You're not. Just...just please make sure they're safe." I told him.

"Bu-"

"No. No 'but's. Take Juliet and go get help." I demanded him. Even though he was still mad, he nodded and did as I said. 

"Where are they going?" Dustin asked as they followed me into the opposite side of the woods. 

"They're getting Juliet to safety." 

Nancy's POV

"Just fucking go!" I grabbed Mike and pushed him out of the room as he protested. El had helped us escape, but that meant she had to stay behind and Mike didn't like that. He was reaching for her and begging to help, but I couldn't let him get hurt. 

"Nancy, let me go. I have to go back to her!" Mike screamed at me as I grabbed his arm and flew down the stairs. 

"Goddamn it, Mike, just listen to your sister and run." Jonathon yelled from behind us. He was carrying Will in his arms as we ran out of the house. 

As we got out of the house, we ran towards the woods and I ran straight into someone. We both groaned in pain and I looked over to find Steve. 

"Steve?" I questioned in disbelief as Eddie, Dustin and Robin stood behind him. 

"What the hell is going on?" Steve asked as he looked over us. 

"Is he dead?" Eddie looked over at Will as he laid in Jonathon's arms.