The Hideout

Y/N's POV

It has only been a few days since Eddie and I have become official and he has been the biggest sweetheart. He would show up randomly at school, handing me flowers and wrapping his arm around my shoulders, screaming out to the world that I was "his girl." I loved being shown off like this. 

Nancy and I were walking into the lunch room at the same time Eddie got done yelling something while standing on top of the lunch table. Jason stood up, asking if he had a problem. In return, Eddie made a demonic noise and put his fingers up on his head like devil horns. Everyone laughed at his table as he smiled and turned, making eye contact with me. 

"(Y/N)!" Eddie jumped walked to the other side of the table before stepping onto his chair and onto the ground. "How are you on this lovely day?" I looked over at Nancy and she smiled at me before walking off to find some food. 

"I'm doing amazing now that I get to see you again." Half of his friends "aww"ed while the others made fake gagging noises. Eddie turned around and told them to shut up before facing towards me again. "How are you?"

"Well, you stole my answer, so I'm truly lost at words." Eddie joked before planting a kiss onto my lips. I smiled against him before pulling away, blushing at the fact that his friends were just behind him. Eddie wrapped his arm around my shoulders and walked me to the lunch line to pick up my food alongside me. "So, I have a question for you."

"I should have an answer, but don't count on it." I winked at him as he made a face at me in a joking manner. 

"Since it's a Tuesday, I was wondering if you'd like to go see my band play at The Hideout tonight?" As if we just met, Eddie began to act on his nervous habits. He twisted the rings on his fingers, standing behind me as he waited for my answer. I picked up an apple and placed it on my tray as I thought about being sarcastic or genuine. I really wanted to be sarcastic, but I knew how much he loved his band and it was very endearing for him to invite me to their first gig of the season. I only know this because Eddie went on and on the other night about it. I was wanting to watch Pretty In Pink, but couldn't concentrate from his banter, but I didn't mind as long as he was smiling and happy as can be. 

"Of course I'll be there." I told him after paying for my lunch. The moment I turned my body towards him, he grabbed my face in both of his hands and kissed me hard. 

"I can't wait." Eddie was now as excited as a kid on Christmas. He practically skipped back to his table after informing me that he would pick me up around seven so that he could have time to set up before the show starts. I smiled and walked over to Nancy, sitting beside her and across from Robin. 

"He won't stop smiling at you, I swear." Robin announced. I blushed as I looked over at Eddie. He sat back in his chair, listening to his friends talk and staring at me with the biggest grin on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him and earned myself a funny face back from Eddie. "You guys are so cute, it makes me sick." 

"We aren't that cute." I tried to deny the statement while playing with the pasta on my tray. The smile wouldn't leave my face as I looked back up at Robin.

"Look at her! She is glowing!" Nancy pointed out. I rolled my eyes and shoved her lightly with my shoulder. We all shared a laugh as I stole one last glance up at Eddie. He was now talking with his friends and distracted by what they were talking about. As Nancy and Robin exchanged words, I watched him exaggerate what he said with his hands. That was when Eddie looked up at me and smiled again. There go the butterflies.

------------

My hands wouldn't stop wiggling around, tapping my thigh as I sat at the dinner table with my parents. Yes, my parents were here weird enough. They wanted to drop by before going back to work. They warned us that they would be busier than usual and unable to talk as much.