Juliet's Secrets

"(Y/N), are you awake?" Juliet's soft voice called out to me in the dark. I stared out of my window and to the dark sky as rain drops scattered the glass. 

"Yeah." I whispered as I stayed in my position. My comforter swallowed up my whole body, giving me a small feeling of safety from the cruel world. 

"Did you have another nightmare?" My immediate silence told Juliet my answer. She knew I had been having nightmares of Brandon and now the attack. It was usually when I was upset or not with Eddie. Falling asleep in Eddie's arms always made me feel safe. 

I heard Juliet sight from behind me as she walked more into my room. The bed dipped behind me, notifying me that Juliet had sat right beside me. I wanted to turn my body towards her, but I didn't want to. Every movement I made caused more pain. 

"Did you at least take your pain meds?" She asked. I stayed silent again. "(Y/N), you have to take them."

"I don't want to." 

"Well, I don't care. I don't want to take my medications, but do you see me skipping out?" Juliet made a good point. 

"They make me emotional and get me into these situations." I told her, fighting back on the fact that she wanted me to no longer be in pain. 

"The medication doesn't put you in these situations, it's the stupid boys in your life." Even without looking, I knew Juliet was making a face at me. She was right, though. "My medicine makes me feel weird too. Not emotional, but more blocked off. I really hate it." 

I was shocked by the news, never hearing this before. I had no idea that Juliet was feeling that way. I took that chance to sit up and look over at her. I winced at the pain, making Juliet give me a look from the opposite side of the bed. Her sitting there made it easier for me to see her beautiful face as she spoke. 

"How come you never told me?" I watched Juliet twiddle her thumbs in nervousness. 

"I guess I just didn't think it was important." My face fell from her words.

"Why would you think that?"

"Because you're always worrying about me." Juliet admitted. "You've gone basically your whole life taking care of Brandon and I. You need a break. You were enjoying your time with Eddie and the group, finally living out a small part of your missed childhood, so I didn't want to ruin it all by making you worry about me again."

"Juliet-"

"Stop, I'm fine, I promise." Juliet gave me a small smile. 

"How about we make a deeper promise." I proposed. Juliet listened attentively, waiting for me to continue. "We should promise each other that no matter what, we need to tell each other everything that happens. We can't push each other away to 'protect' the other anymore. Promise?" I stuck my pinky finger out towards her as she processed my proposal. 

"Promise." Juliet's pinky wrapped around mine before pressing her lips onto her hand, sealing the promise with a kiss. I did the same before we let go. "Now, go take a shower. We're gonna go shopping."

---------------------------

 Since the Starcourt Mall burned down, for reasons known now, we had to drive to the city to go shopping at their mall. Juliet turned down the idea of shopping in town, wanting to be in a new environment, and probably trying to keep a distance since there was a possibility of bumping into anyone in the group in Hawkins. 

As we drove, Juliet went on and on about this boy she met. She wouldn't tell me his name, but told me how she feels about him and gave me little hints about his description. I tried to think about who it could be, but came up short on the list of names.