Late Night Talking

After laying together in silence, I decided to ask Eddie to drive me back home. I hated to break up the moment, but I was worried about Brandon and Juliet, including Max since she was spending the night. 

Eddie fought back, begging me to lay their longer with him. I gave in at first, but then told him I had to leave.

"Thank you...for tonight." I blushed as I looked around. I was still feeling shy around Eddie after the events that took place not long ago. 

"Oh, stop. We're dating now. No awkwardness between us." Eddie insisted. He grabbed my chin, turning my face to look at him, and planted a kiss on my lips. I felt my body relax at the touch before Eddie pulled back and smiled at me. "Now let me walk my girl up to her door."

Eddie hopped out of the van and ran over to my side. I had a quiet giddy moment to myself before he opened my door, trying to act cool as ever. I couldn't help the way he made me feel, especially with the constant nicknames he was giving me. I loved being called his girl. 

"Oh, you know what, can I use your bathroom? I have to use the bathroom." Eddie asked as we walked up to my front door. I laughed and agreed before opening the door to let him in. I pointed him to the way of the downstairs bathroom as I set my keys on the table and look into the front room. The light from the kitchen allowed me to see into the darkness, showing the absence of people. 

I walked my way up the stairs to my room, dropped off my purse, and went over to Juliet's room. I pushed it open quietly, finding Max and Juliet fast asleep. Juliet slept in a sleeping bag, allowing Max to take her bed like the kind soul she was. 

I shut the door and made my way to the other side of the hall. I repeated my actions and quietly opened the door to Brandon's room to find him missing. My eyebrows scrunched as I decided to barge my way through his messy room. That was strange. He always kept it clean. 

"Brandon?" I questioned into the darkness. No response was given. I quickly realized the temperature change in his room, noticing his window was left open. I groaned in frustration before checking the rest of the house to reassure my suspicions. 

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Eddie walked up to me as I paced back and forth. 

"Brandon. I can't find him. He snuck out of his window. I'm guessing he didn't want Max or Juliet to see him. I don't know! Eddie, I'm worried." Eddie pulled me into his chest, squeezing me tightly before kissing my forehead. 

"Take a deep breath, darling. He'll be fine. Brandon's in his rebellious teenage years, so let him explore his new world." Eddie talked calmy into my hair as he slowly started rocking us. 

"Yeah, but what if he's getting himself in trouble by drinking and getting high?" I asked him. 

"There's nothing wrong with getting high sometimes." I pulled back from Eddie and lightly slapped his arm. "Hey!" 

"Brandon doesn't need that in his life. He needs to focus on school and basketball." I told him. Eddie raised his hands and rested them on the sides of my face as he pushed down the wrinkles on my scrunched up face. 

"You're adorable when you try to be mad." I rolled my eyes as Eddie chuckled. He then grabbed my hand and brought it up to his lips, planting a small kiss on my knuckles. "(Y/N), you have nothing to worry about I promise."

I took a deep breath in, trying to agree with his words, but I still felt worried about Brandon deep down. I couldn't help my motherly instincts showing at a time like this. 

Eddie brought me over to the couch and turned on the TV, turning it to a random channel then sitting down beside me and allowing me to rest my head on his lap. His large hands moved like magnets to my hair, soothing my thoughts. I closed my eyes at this and concentrated on his movements.