Fine Line

Eddie's POV

Eddie, help me. These three words would haunt me forever. They replayed over and over in my mind, never giving me a rest. If I had felt hopeless before, it was at a whole other level after that. 

"We have to get out of here."  Steve spoke up as everyone tried to remain calm. There was a certain tension in the room that let us all know how we really felt: scared. One minute we are told that (Y/N) was kidnapped and being threatened by Jason and Andy, then the next thing we knew we were seeing the complete opposite. 

"Eddie, we have to go." My head snapped over at Dustin. He stood in front of me, holding onto Juliet as she cried. 

"What about Chrissy?" Lucas spoke up. We all turned to look over at Chrissy as she sobbed into Luke's chest. He held her tightly and comforted her, most likely telling her that it was all going to be okay, but nothing about this was okay. Jason and Andy were dead, I saw a creepy guy disappear into thin air and (Y/N) is hanging on for dear life in my arms. There is so much going on that I cannot control, leaving a sinking feeling inside of my stomach. 

"You and Max should get her home." Steve told him. Lucas looked over at Max as she stood there, not knowing what to think about everything. 

"I don't have a license." Lucas reminded Steve.

"I can drive." Max shrugged. Lucas and Steve looked scared at Max's idea.

"We're trying to get her home alive, not dead." Max rolled her eyes at Steve.

"Did you die? No, you're still here babysitting us."  Steve sighed and shook his head. 

"You know what, take Luke with you." Steve walked over towards Chrissy and Luke. "We can't tell anyone about this. We'll have someone call the cops anonymously and tell them to check the house."

"Steve, I think we should call the cops now." Luke's eyebrows drew in as he kept his arms wrapped around Chrissy.   

"And tell them what? They'll arrest (Y/N) and name her a murderer. The whole town will come after her for the killings." Luke looked worried from that thought before nodding. He gathered Lucas, Max and Chrissy as he left to take her home. Steve reached out and grabbed Luke's arm before he exited the attic. "Make sure you guys get your stories right. The police might go sniffing around."

Luke left, leaving the rest of us standing completely still in shock. We had no idea what to do. Of course, we didn't want to stay here, especially with the bodies so close to us, but what's next? I'm not a leader. I don't take the lead unless it's Hellfire Club. Outside of Dungeons and Dragons, I'm no hero. 

"Let's go. Eddie, can you pick (Y/N) up?" I looked up at Nancy, still not being able to process anything but fear. "Eddie, listen, you have to get her out of here or she won't make it." The thought of (Y/N) dying made me snap back to reality.

The rest of the night was a bit of a blur. We had Gareth call the police, keeping his name to himself, before we drove off. Juliet suggested a hospital, but Nancy shook her head. 

"We can't take her to the hospital or they'll connect her with the murders." 

"Okay, then what do we do? Just let her die?" Juliet was becoming aggressive as she pressed Nancy for more answers. 

"No." Robin spoke up out of nowhere. We all turned to look at her as she looked around to us. "I think I may know someone." 

I have no clue why we ever listened to Robin, but no one had a better idea. We were now all sitting, waiting impatiently for Robin's German doctor-neighbor to announce any news to us.