The Feared Past and the Doomed Future

Eddie's POV

My lip was bleeding by now from how long and rough I've been chewing on it. I couldn't take another minute without knowing where she was. Nope. I wasn't going to do it. I stood up, pushing my chair back hard and leaving in the middle of class.

"Mr. Munson!" I heard Ms. Clancy yell for me, but I ignored her.

So many thoughts ran through my head of what could be wrong. What if she couldn't find the Plan B? What if she was sick? What if-

I cut my thoughts off by blasting Enter Sandman by Metallica. I could hear my speakers start to struggle from the volume, but I didn't care. I was on a mission.

My knuckles turned white as I nodded my head to the music. I started to think of the way Jason and Andy walked into the cafeteria. They looked like two cocky sons of bitches. There was something seriously off with those two.

I pulled up into the driveway and looked over at (Y/N)'s car sitting beside me. If her car was here, she must be here, right?

I turned down the stereo before turning my van off and jumping out. I took a quick look up and down the street, looking for anything suspicious. Once I felt good enough to stop, I shoved my hands into my jacket and walked up to her door.

My feet stopped right in their tracks as soon as I stepped onto the doormat. I raised my fist and knocked three times before stuffing my hand back into my pocket. I started biting my lip again as I waited for a response, but there was nothing. I furrowed my eyebrows before lifting my hand up again and knocking. Still, no answer.

My hand reached for the door knob and twisted it to see if there was a chance of being unlocked - and it was. My heart pounded as I opened the door. I know damn well my girl never leaves the door unlocked.

Looking down, I noticed scratches near the lock. I rubbed my finger on it, feeling every groove left on the wood. There it was again - the twisting in my stomach. I looked back up and walked inside the freezing house.

"Darling?" I called out. Still, no answer, so I decided to walk around the whole house. "Sweetheart, are you here?" I walked into her room, but still nothing.

I made my way back downstairs and looked one last time before deciding she wasn't there. I started to panic as I shut the front door and sat on the step. My fingers viciously attacked my roots as I thought about where she could be.

I reached into my chest pocket and grabbed my box of cigarettes. It was a struggle to light the one in my mouth, since my hands were shaking, but eventually I did. I took a long drag before blowing a cloud of smoke out into the air. I could just hear (Y/N)'s disapproval, making a small smile rest on my lips.

"You smell like cigarettes." (Y/N) stated.

"So?" I looked down at her as she sat between my legs, watching the movie. I was supposed to be watching with her, but I really couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She is the most beautiful creature I have ever laid eyes on.

"So, they're bad for you." (Y/N) was extremely concentrated on the movie, so she wouldn't face me while talking. Instead, I watched as she smiled at the jokes and waited patiently for my response.

"I know, but-"

"Eh." My eyebrows furrowed at this response.

"What?" I almost laughed from not knowing what the hell that was about.

"They're bad for you." She repeated herself.

"Yeah, but-"

"Eh."