memories (2)

For Vampire, resisting his natural hunger was always difficult, especially in his early childhood, his mother had taught him a relatively successful, albeit cruel, method to keep this at bay. If only she could see him now!

------------------------

"Mama! Look!" Little Alchemist cookie ran over to her mother, straight into open loving arms.

Vampire would kill for that. But atleast he was close with his father right? He watched from the side lines as his mother fawned over his little sister, she'd developed remarkably quickly, acting a few years older than she was, maybe by 2 years? Vampire didn't know, apparently he'd grown up fast too, but that wasn't his fault.

He watched, and watched, but it was never his turn. He didn't blame his sister, she was just lucky enough to have missed out on the vampirism. She was a normal child, exactly what he wasn't.

Today he was all by himself. And he hurt, that ever dreaded thirst had set in that morning, and he'd been dragged rather violently to his room and locked in. His mother always said "you'll learn to ignore it this way" when she forced him into isolation. It felt like she was lying, it was worse than last time. So, so much worse. This time they'd gone as far as to barricade him in, but he still had his windows, and thank god for the windows. They kept him going, knowing he'd be able to go back outside into the world. His father would often talk to him through these windows too, sneaking him an extra snack or two.

But he didn't this time. He wasn't home, he hadn't been for a while now. So not only was it his worst one yet in terms of hunger, but it was his loneliest too.
By the time the first day had passed he was running on little to no sleep, he'd spent the night curled up in agony, it had hit so much worse this time.

Tap

A noise by the window.

Tap tap

There is was again- vampire got up from his pile of blankets and pillows and didn't hesitate to go to the window, he needed to see his father, that was him right?

"Oh! Hello!"

That wasn't his father. That was a very new cookie. Someone he'd never met before. Another kid, roughly his age. It was a girl too, that was less unusual, but still weird.

"..." Vampire stared at her, trying to figure out who she was, or why she was there.

"You're very quiet. It's kinda weird!" She spoke again, leaning against the window. "My name's Raspberry cookie! My mom's here on some sort of ... Well I don't know actually- normally I'd stay with my cousin but they're not home! Isn't that weird? Anyways- what's your name?"

Vampire took a moment, this random cookie was chatting to him, as if they'd known each other for years.

"My name's Vampire."

"Freaky name, I like it! So Vampire, why are you in there? Wouldn't it be nicer out here?" She rambled on, for some reason it was nice to just listen to her.

"My mother won't let me out of my room." He answered pretty simply, and watched as Raspberry thought, he swore he could see every single idea swimming around in her head.

"Wait! Why don't you just climb out of the window?" She grinned, forcing it open enough for him to fit through if he really tried.
Vampire was definitely a little scared. What if his mother caught him? She'd made it clear she didn't entirely like him. Oh well, a little trip outside wouldn't hurt right?

For once Vampire had fun, running around with someone the same age as you was much nicer than doing it on your own. However, Raspberry had to leave eventually, and once she did, Vampire realized the one mistake he'd made, he hadn't gotten her to help him sneak back inside. He was still outside.

This was bad.

For around half an hour, Vampire tried his best to sneak back into his room, failing miserably, and eventually he slid down the wall to the floor once more. He was growing frustrated, this wasn't very fun at all, maybe he should have just stayed inside all day.. 

So he spent the night outside, huddled up against the wall, no one had checked on him all day by the looks of it, so at least he wouldn't get into trouble, right?