oh dear

"you brought vampire with you?"

There was that kind mannerism, those sweet words that for a brief moment eased Vampires mind, there was no judgement, no fear, just simple fact. Herb always had that useful trick, being able to say anything without it seeming mean or dismissive. And what a gift it was.

Alchemist gave a nod in response, as the leafy cookie approached them. "I felt he needed to leave the house and well.. yknow, perfect opportunity!" Herb let out a little laugh, and sat himself beside her. "You always were the smart one."

Vampire watched them interact, now more confused. What had they organized? This didn't feel right. Or was he just freaking out over nothing again? He could use a drink...

"Well, I suppose we should get to it then?" Herb smiled, glancing at Sparkling to make sure it was okay for them to go out back. Sparkling nodded, briefly looking up from the glass he was cleaning.
"...leave him out here for now, we'll chat first, okay?" Herb offered vampire a smile, as he spoke to his sister. Alchemist nodded, giving Vampire a 'if you move you'll be in trouble' face, which normally didn't work, but today it did.
"Lead the way!" She smiled, following the leafy fellow as he led her to the room behind the bar.

And Vampire was left. Alone. He stared down at the wood of the bar, of all places he should feel safe here.. he grabbed at the hood of his cloak, dragging it over his face completely, maybe if he ignored everything the time would pass quicker?

The soft shuffling of glass on wood and a gentle tap on his shoulder brought him out of his daze, he peeked out of his cloak, before him was a glass, filled with a familiar looking red liquid. He glanced up, Sparkling was watching him.
"Go ahead, it's alright." Sparkling had a new expression on his face, something Vampire had never seen before, so he did as he said, gently taking the glass in his hands.
"Yknow.. I don't blame you, for what happened, I was just.. a little thrown off, you get me?" Sparkling was leaned against the other side of the bar, swirling his own glass of, most likely, lemon juice. "What I do wish.. is that you just told us this could happen."
Vampire took a sip of his drink, it was... Not his usual, that was for sure.
"..what is this?" He spoke, trying to hide the nervous wobble in his words.
"I uh.. prepared you something unique. A one of a kind drink." He shuffled slightly, Vampire brought his gaze up to meet his.
"..thank you." He took another sip.
"But you didn't have to, I'd have been fine with anything." He motioned to Sparkling's hands, one with the palm wrapped. Sparkling paused, placing down his drink, before reaching out, and placing his wrapped hand on top of Vampire's.
"I do mean it, yknow. I really don't blame you, and what happened could never stop me from caring about you. I just... I wanted you to know that."

Vampires breathing hitched, and before he knew it he broke down.

Maybe he just needed a good cry after all.