memories (8)

Vampire was awoken from a brief doze to the sound of banging on the door. He scrambled away from the wood, breathing heavily, what was outside? Perhaps a cake beast who'd smelled the death and followed it for an easy meal? Maybe his mother coming to finish the job. At this point he hoped for the latter.

The banging continued, his heart was racing, something wanted in, just as much as he wanted out. The force grew, until eventually the door started to budge. Vampire watched, hiding himself behind some of the oddly convenient furniture in the room, as the hinges began to separate from the strong wooden frame.
Who ever was trying to get in would be getting in and soon.
He adjusted his position, ready to burst out of the room if it was indeed danger.

Words can't describe the exact sound of a torn out door, but it can be compared to a rather frightening scene, you are stuck down in a dark, dark place, and you can't see where you are, when suddenly you hear the most jarring sound you ever have and suddenly you can see everything, it's quite the shock to the unprepared victim.

So Vampire's complete failure of completing his plan was not to be unexpected. Instead of bolting out of there, he froze.

"Anyone in here?" That was a new voice, but the other voice with it was familiar.
"Please be in here-"
Herb, his younger friend. Vampire stayed still, his breathing had slowed down, he gently reached up, grabbing ahold of the furniture before him, and peaked out, to make sure it wasn't just his mind playing tricks on him.

"It stinks in here- if he is here he's probably dead-"

".. I don't think He's the dead one-" Herb stood directly in front of the more intact remains of Vampire's Father. Vampire could see the horror in his expression.

".. do you think your friend could do that?" The more he heard this voice, the more he seemed to recognise it, it was feminine, with a strength behind it he knew not to challenge. This woman was not to be messed with. And by connecting a few dots, he'd come to the conclusion that this was Herb's older sister, Spinach, she was stronger than she looked, so he couldn't put it past her to be able to strike down a door.

"I- I don't know- maybe this was a bad idea after all-"

Screech

The furniture Vampire was leaning on dragged against the floor, he'd put too much weight on it. Herb's focus completely shifted to the area it came from, and Vampire desperately tried to duck out of sight before he was spotted.

"... He's here." Herb turned to his sister, motioning towards the furniture in the corner of the room.
"Don't charge at him- please- I don't want to stress him out more than he probably is already-"

"Fine. But if he hurts either of us, I'm not holding back." She responded, slowly making her way to the corner, kicking something in front of the only escape route. Herb did the same, taking the other side.

Vampire could feel his heart rate speed up again, he didn't want this anymore- he wanted to be alone again- he wanted to be here by himself.

"I see him. Behind the chair, next to that fancy looking table." Spinach whispered. Herb nodded and continued to approach him.
When Vampire could no longer hide from his sight, Herb froze in place.

"....oh my god." He mumbled, never in his life did he ever think he'd see someone in this state, covered in blood and so roughed up it could all be from their own body.

Vampire glanced frantically back and forth between Herb and Spinach.

"When Miss Wine said he might be unsettled this isn't what I thought she meant-" Spinach chimed in, gagging at the sight.

Miss wine-? His mother had sent them? Why would she do that? Surely she'd not want that. Vampire could feel himself gradually getting overwhelmed, until suddenly the flight side of his instincts kicked in, and he made a run for it. Dashing past Herb in a few seconds, and almost making it to the exit before something tripped him up, he slammed down onto the ground, letting out a pained gasp, as he felt a pair of strong hands hold him down.

"Spinach! Be gentle with him-"

"If he gets out there who knows what he'll do, to himself or anyone else!" She snapped, crouching down to make sure Vampire couldn't get away. That ever familiar intense panic was all he could feel at this point, so he lashed out, trying to kick away Spinach. He could hear her sigh, as she used more pressure on him.
"S-spinach!" Herb sounded just as stressed.
"Sooner he's calmed down the better."
"Then get off him!"

There was a soft little thud as something fell from a nearby piece of furniture, turns out all this thrashing had moved some other things in the room, Vampire glared in the direction of the noise, and stopped fighting. Instead he tried to reach out, freeing one of his arms from Spinach's strong grip.
"What the hell Is he trying now-" Spinach began, before her gaze too fell on what he was trying to reach.

Vermilion wings and a little black body.