memories (15)

Vampire had always felt slightly left out, ever since he could remember, he'd never felt entirely part of what was going on, so the day his sister moved away to a well respected magic arts school was not the best day for him.

He stood in the almost empty hallway, watching through the door as his sister happily packed her bag. This was really happening wasn't it? Before He'd told her there wasn't a way for him to go with her, but now he wished he was wrong. He didn't want to stay here, not without her. He needed her! He was so wrapped up in his own thoughts he didn't even hear the sounds of footsteps behind him, not until a hand found itself on his shoulder, and with a comically high jump, he turned to see who it was.
The good news was, there was barely even a scrap of red in front of him, instead he was face to face with a relaxing shade of green.
"Easy there Vamps! Just me-" his visitor giggled, moving her hand away. "Just checking on you! You looked a little lost there-"
He blinked, before relaxing, this was fine, the woman before him was his rather young aunt, Shine Muscat, she was always good to them, very down to earth.. unlike someone. Ah, speak of the devil.
Seems his mother wanted to be involved.
"Oh.. Red Wine. Funny seeing you here." Shine Muscat forced a smile, keeping herself between the three of them, she knew a thing or two about her sister in law, and she wasn't too keen on her, much to Vampire's advantage.
"And you too.. especially considering this is my house." His mother sneered, stepping forward to peer into the room before them all, nothing about her said happy, which didn't surprise anyone.

"Well, yknow, that is my niece there" Shine Muscat retorted, leaning her forearm on Vampire's shoulder. He didn't mind her, she was fun. "And since I'm the one taking her, I reckon I'm allowed to be here. Right?" She smirked, and for once Vampire had to resist laughing, she was brave, that was for sure. His mother just rolled her eyes and stepped back, before hissing an order. "Once she's done, tell her to see me."

"Yes ma'am!" His aunt mocked, and once she was gone, she focused on Vampire once more. "Hey Vamps? Yknow what I realised?"

"Hm?"

"You're technically old enough to leave this place, I doubt you'd really want to stay now that Alchemist is going. Right?"

He paused, he'd never really thought about that. "Oh yeah- I could just.. leave." Sure the idea was good, but where would he go? It's not like his mother would help him afford somewhere to stay, although he could probably convince one of his friends to host him for a while.. nah that'd be mean. Seems his face showed his thoughts, as Shine Muscat gently nudged him.
"You could stay with me for a while, I'm not really home a lot so having someone hold down the fort until things are better could be nice." She shrugged, letting go of him completely to rest against the wall, something his mother would despise to see. "Besides, now that I'm signed onto that TV series, I could really use a house keeper, no one more trustworthy than family, right?"

"..I'd like that. I'd like that a lot." He eventually responded, just in time for his sister to finish up. Then, after relaying his mother's demands, both he and his aunt decided to go grab any things he wanted to keep, they'd keep this mission on the down low, neither of them wanted to deal with his mother, and to be honest, who would?

The three of them stood in front of the car parked in the drive way, Alchemist took one glance behind her, at her childhood home, the only home she'd ever knew, and didn't feel a simple shred of sadness. How could she? Life was getting exciting, in fact you could even say hers was just beginning, that's what she believed at least. Vampire didn't regret anything either, stood here, with his few belongings he deemed necessary to be happy, all he knew was that he was finally getting his freedom. Shine Muscat looked down at her niece and nephew, slightly ashamed it had taken her this long to get them out of there, but it was okay. They were all safe, they'd be okay. So she headed for the driver's side, getting everything ready to go.
"Hop in! Better early than late, right?"
Alchemist burst into a fit of giggles, making herself comfy in the back seat, joined not too long after by her brother.
"You guys wanna stop for snacks? It's all on me!"

This would be fun.

--

A.N- HEYYY! IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG AAAAAAAAA.
HOWEVER, now that this chapter finally forced itself out of my head (shame it didn't take what also isnt meant to be there with it.) I should be back on track to keep it going!!!

Also random note, but the author curse is real, ever since I got back into writing fanfictions my life is crazy, surprised I haven't got hit by a bus or something??? Instead I have to have brain surgery some time this year!!! WAHOOOO!!! Free lobotomy lmao. But yeah!! That also meansssss, free time babey, so more fanfic writing!!!!

Ok ok that's it, goodbye until next chapter!!