memories (10)

Vampire stared ahead, watching carefully as his mother spoke to one of his only friends. She had them wrapped around her finger... Except for him. He could see through her no matter what.
And by the look of it, Spinach wasn't too sure of her either, once herb returned to her side, she muttered a quick "isn't it weird she's stayed away from him?" Motioning to Vampire as she spoke. Herb shrugged, something felt off, but not enough to be worried to him.

Alchemist had stopped talking, and was staring up at her brother, who seemed like he'd disconnected from their entire state of being, he looked lost, but like he didn't want to be found. She wouldn't say this out loud, but she was scared to leave his side, what would happen if she did? Last time she did, this mess happened, what else could happen? She couldn't let anything else happen to him. She didn't want to lose him. She turned her gaze to where his stare had landed, and with a slight bit of confusion, understood. He was freaked out, because his mother was the one that made them look for him. The same mother that made him leave in the first place. No wonder.
It would seem that their mother had also gotten the message, how could she not? All of them where watching her now.
She let out a sigh, and approached her children. A sick feeling of joy rose in her chest as she saw that familiar trace of panic in Vampires eyes. Perfect. Time to put on a show!

Vampire was completely frozen, this wasn't good, this couldn't be good. He needed her to go away, not approach him. He frantically moved his hand, until it found Alchemist's, and grabbed onto her, she was safe. She was on his side. Always. Alchemist turned her attention back to him briefly, concern flooding her senses. This might not end well.
In an instant Vampire was dragged away from her, and pulled into an embrace. His mother.. was holding him? This was wrong, so wrong. He wanted to pull away, but her grip was firm, she leaned a little closer, and spoke in a quiet voice, "perform for me won't you? I hate this just as much as you." The ice cold malice in her words frightened him, of course it was all fake. So he silently agreed, the sooner it was over the better.
The second time she spoke, the others could hear her. "Come along now, it's finally time we take you home, to your real home." She glanced over to Spinach, who nodded and headed to the exit, she had to prepare their transport.
Alchemist was.. thrown off. Vampire hadn't rejected their mothers touch, that was a major red flag. In fact.. they hadn't separated yet, so either he was stuck, or they were working together for once.
She stood there, watching as her mother led Vampire by the arm to the exit, noticing the excessively force in her grip.
Herb silently slid next to her.
"Something's totally wrong here. Right? I mean last time I saw him even go near her he was all angry."
"Oh totally. He told me she hated him. Something's definitely up."

Guess they had some detective work to do.