Panic

"...what?"

Alchemist felt her blood run cold.
"Vampire- I didn't mean it-"

He stood there, in a state of horror. But this horror quickly turned to anger. "Don't you ever dare compare me to her- SHE was a monster. I'm no monster." He hissed.

Herb stood up, he had a feeling that he knew what was going on. After all, he was one of the few people who knew of his.. eventful childhood. "Vampire believe me she didn't mean it like that-"

"No. I had ONE rule! Just the one! Never mention her! How could you- just- why would you?!" Vampire's anger had returned to its original shock, with a hint of pure panic. "I'm not like her- I swear-"

"Vampire-"
"Alchemist. Don't- take Sparkling outside, I'll be one moment." Herb stepped in, he might have been nervous before, but now he felt something else, the urge to comfort. That was one of his weaknesses, as he himself had said, he couldn't bare to see someone upset. Especially his own friend.
Alchemist threw him a worried glance, but did as he said, struggling a little bit with the weight difference.

"Herb-"

"Vampire, don't say a single word." However, despite his concern being something he hates, it released a different side of him, his much more powerful side. "you need to stop. For one second just stop. You're acting ridiculously, I know. I know Vampire."

"..know what?"

"You can figure it out, you're not stupid." Herb frowned, sometimes the stubborn nature's of his friends drove him mad, especially now.

".... Wait- I can explain-" Vampire froze up, if Herb meant what he thought, it could be bad news.

"You don't need to explain. That part isn't.. your fault. But this? That's your fault. You've not been this bad for a good while." His tone softened. "..is there a reason it's so bad this time?".

"I haven't... Had one of these moments for a long while- it wouldn't go away- it's- I'm not me- it's like an entirely different person and I don't know what to do-" Vampire stared down at his own hands, it was true, he hated it every single time.

"Everything hurts- I'm so hungry I'm surprised I'm not dead-"

"Vampire there's cookies out there that can help you if you just look! I'll.. I'll search for something! In the meantime. If you get.. hungry again. You have to tell me. And I mean it." Herb had an authority to him that was very hard to challenge.

Vampire nodded, not daring to look up again.

"I have to go. Remember what I told you." Herb sighed, knowing vampire most likely would not do what he said. And with that he left.

A.N - hey guys!!!! This parts a lil short. But- the next one is like...  twice the size of my normal parts :0
So ye. Enjoy lol.