memories (7)

Vampire was sat in the dark.
He had been for the past few days.

The room he was in was filled with a rather foul odor and the walls were covered in smears of a thick dark fluid. The corpse in the corner was no longer in one piece.

And in some ways, neither was Vampire. His thoughts raced more than they ever had before, and not a single one made any sense. There was a brief moment when all his thoughts stopped.

The one moment he acted without thinking. The one time he did what he naturally wanted to. The biggest mistake of his life.

And now he was dealing with it. He stared at the floor through the space between his thighs, his hands gripping tightly onto his rather messy hair. If you were to look in on him now, you'd probably think he was a killer, one of those hardcore murderers. But he wasn't. This was the most scared he'd ever been in his life, the most desperate, the most weak. Yet also the most strong in some sick and twisted way.

The fact is, he'd given in. At that one moment of silence he'd given in to an instinct he'd never acted on before. He'd been stuck there for two days at this point, and the reality of the situation had set in. He knew he was trapped, he knew he would be for quite a while. And he was right, when he panicked at first, that sick hunger had come back. But really, if you were cursed with vampirism and were stuck in a room with a very.. strong smelling food source, you'd probably give in eventually. And he did. It was quick, well he hoped so. Just a quick little bite, nothing too bad was the plan. But once he started he couldn't stop, who could? He'd tore into the body of the man he'd respected his whole life, the one man who'd been there for him, the only one who had helped him before when he got like this. And Vampire was the one to tear him apart, it's almost ironic in some sad way.

Immediately after he'd.. feasted.. he panicked more than he ever had before. In a few seconds he'd gone from being content to having his entire world crash down all in the blink of an eye.
It explains the blood on the walls, Vampire isn't that messy of an eater! No, most of it was his own, after the reality of his actions had set in, he'd taken the liberty of punishing himself into his own hands, and had used those same hands he used on his father's body on his own, clawing and tearing away at his own flesh, until he couldn't see through his own tears.

He'd almost ended it all there without even knowing, luckily for him the pain had taken him out before he did it himself.

And after around a day, he woke up. Which leads to now, where he was sat, in the dark, against the door. His hope of ever getting out was fading rather quickly, don't get me wrong he'd tried to break out many a time, but the door wouldn't budge. It was like it was blocked from the outside. It definitely wasn't from the inside.

He'd stayed there until this moment. At this point no matter who let him out, he'd be eternally grateful to them. Even if it was.. her.

He just wanted to be out. That's all he wanted.