conflict

The first thing to note about this day in particular, was how hot it was. The sun was beaming down, completely lighting up everything it could. There was no breeze, not even a slight wisp of fresh cool air. It was truly hot. So what else could a sane cookie do, if not visit the ever so refreshing juice bar? Vampire thought that would be the best decision, cold drinks, decent snacks. A good time!
The walk down was a bit of a problem, he'd settled with an oversized parasol, a lacy thing he'd borrowed from a friend, strangely it still suited him. Unfortunately for him, it was a bit heavy, and the heat made it feel even worse. He powered through it, finally making it to his safe haven. He gave the door a shove, and to nobody's surprise, most of the other cookies had the same idea as him.
Good thing he had best friend privileges! He waltzed on over to the bar, after carefully doing up the parasol, and plopped himself down on his usual bar stool. This place hadn't been this lively in a long time, it was nice! It took little to no time for his fizzy friend to make his way over, leaning across the bar in a friendly manner.
"Vamp! I didn't think you'd come out in this weather! It's great to see you out though!" Sparkling offered him a grin, before reaching under the bar for his new usual beverage. Vampire took this chance to look at who had shown up, there were a few new faces! That was a nice surprise, normally this place was only full of regulars, or those who'd show up every now and then. He leaned forward, trying to sneak a peak at what Sparkling was doing, after all it was taking longer than normal.
"You good down there Sparks?" He chirped, lifting himself from his seat to get a better view.
"Yep- All good!" Sparkling replied, still moving things around, oh well. Vampire could trust him, this was Sparkling after all.
He sat back, glancing to the side, when he spotted two new faces, one of them seemed worried, while the other looked positively furious. He shrugged, turning his attention back to the bar in front of him.

"Are you kidding me?! I've been here half an hour and this guy gets served in less than a minute?!"
"Cardamon please calm down- I'm sure it's all for a good reason-"
"Hey- Papaya- why don't I show this guy a thing or two about manners?"
"Cardamon!"

Vampire let out a rather impressive yawn, just in time for Sparkling to finally stand back up to his full height, with a glass and a rather cold bottle. "There we go! Had to move it back to stay cooler- the fridges are all full!" Sparkling smiled, pouring out enough for his vampiric pal. Vampire gave him a pretty content grin, reaching for the glass, when another hand beat him too it. After a brief confused pause, Vampire turned to the drink thief. "excuse me- that's mine-" he managed to say, before the thief cut him off.
"It should have been mine though, what gives you the right to be served first?" This cookie was not very friendly, Vampire could tell. He just politely reached out for his drink.
"Please give that back. It's really not for everyone-"
The cookie scoffed, lifting the drink as if he was going to take a sip. "As if.. What could it possibly b-" then he paused, his expression shifted to horror. Vampire took that as an invitation, and went once more to grab his drink. It would seem he was a little bit too slow, just as he was about to grab it, the cookie let it slip from his hand, and topple to the floor. The smash was enough to get the other patrons attention. Sparkling looked utterly shocked, Vampire looked annoyed, the other cookie? Well, he immediately seemed to go on the offense, not resisting to go for Vampire. The red head was not prepared for this whatsoever, only really noticing what was going on after being tackled down to the floor, taking two or three barstools with them.
Vampire internally groaned, he really didn't want to deal with this. He went to pull himself back up, but a hand dragged him back, pulling him close just in time for a fist to swing directly at his jaw.
Any patron who was close enough either watched, or tried to separate the pair, even if Vampire wasn't even fighting back. It looked like he wasn't going to defend himself at all, until his attacker caught his hand on some remains of the shattered glass.
Vampire's eyes widened, that scent was fresh, still warm from the source. He couldn't resist that, even if he wanted to. Suddenly Vampire was the dangerous one. It took roughly three seconds for him to scramble onto his feet and launch himself at the other cookie, biting down on anything he could, which just so happened to be the cookies arm. He held on tight as the cookie tried to force him off, as all of them did. He didn't seem to be budging at all until Sparkling himself stepped in.
To be brutally honest, Sparkling was the only one brave enough to step in so close. He gently held onto him, using one hand to softly unhook his fangs from the flesh beneath them, all while the other steadily supported the rest of his head. Once he was free from that, he went ahead to sacrifice his left hand, in place of the cookie. Once Vampire found himself with a familiar taste, he seemed to snap out of it. For a brief moment Vampire stayed perfectly still. That was enough time for the other cookie to get far enough away. Sparkling glanced over, making sure no one would start any more conflict, before gently leading Vampire behind the bar, and into the backroom. He sat him down, carefully neatened him up, and let him calm down on his own, after all, sometimes that's the best way to do it.

And suddenly, Vampire had an idea.