Crossing boundaries

A.N: Vampire has a fist fight with his mother
(That's a joke but they do fight.)
--

Vampire stood in the door way, staring directly ahead. He didn't know whether to leave or stay, what did he walk in on..?

Alchemist glanced back and forth between her brother and her mother. Hopefully nothing would happen-

"Ah. Vampire. I was wondering when you'd show up." Her mother smiled, oddly innocent for her character.
This wasn't going to end well was it?
Vampire didn't move, keeping intense eye contact with her.
"Why are you here."

"Can't I check on my dear children?" She smirked, the innocence completely draining from her, this was what she wanted.
"Funny you'd say that.. didn't you completely disown us? I think I remember it pretty well." Vampire hissed. He didn't like this. Why would she be here? His mother tilted her head, blinking once.
"Are you sure you're remembering that right? You know you've got your little issues remembering things.." she rose to her feet, daring to step closer to him.
Vampire didn't budge, something inside him screamed at him to leave, but he couldn't. Not yet. She wasn't going to win this time.
"I know what happened to me, to us. Why wouldn't I?"

She just nodded, getting closer and closer, "oh my. Something smells delicious! What have you got?"

"Back off." He hissed again, it seemed no matter what he said she would be doing whatever she wanted. She stepped closer, and closer, until she was directly in front of him.
"I asked you a question dear. What do you have?" She stared at him briefly, as if waiting for an answer, but once she knew he wouldn't speak, she got a little bit annoyed. "if you won't tell me, I'll find out myself." She said, before trying to pat him down to find whatever was getting her attention.
Vampire flinched, shoving her away, that was way too close for comfort.

"Don't.. don't touch me." Vampire stepped back, he didn't want to be that close. Not when he had what he did on him. Definitely not then. Vampire had thought about it for a while before, if his hunger got that bad, then what would his mother's be like? He'd come to the conclusion that hers must be just as intense, if not maybe even a bit worse. After all, his father wasn't a vampire was he? He couldnt risk urging it on. So in a quick moment of clarity, he grabbed onto the vial, flicked it open, and downed it. She'd not be getting her hands on it.
In an instant her eyes widened and she reached out, trying to grab the vial before all of that precious fluid was gone. She was a bit slow, she'd missed out. Now she wasn't too happy.

"Was that blood?" She hissed, now she looked like her old self again.
Vampire didn't answer her, that'd make her more angry no matter what he said.
In that moment he felt like that small kid again, watching his mother raise a hand to hurt him, and in that moment he wished he'd just did as she said as she made contact with his face. He froze up, now staring at the floor with that familiar old stinging feeling running through his cheek. She'd just.. hit him? She actually just hit him!
Most other people would use this as an excuse to force someone out of their home, but Vampire had an awful lot more on his mind than a simple kicking out. He turned to face her again, and without any hesitation lunged in her direction, with the full intent to cause harm. He crashed against her, knocking her back completely, and once she was beneath him he raised a fist.

Only to be stopped by another, smaller, hand.

"Vampire- please- please don't do that-" the timid voice of his sister broke him out of his fit of rage, she was staring at them both with a mixture of guilt and fear in her eyes. Vampire hated that. He hated that more than he wanted to hurt his mother. That was for sure. So he listened to her, and stepped back, letting his mother stand again. Alchemist sighed, visibly relieved. "I think.. maybe it's time for you to go." She glanced over at her mother, who'd caught the side of her face on a nearby table when she'd fallen. She didn't look so powerful now, that was for certain. She didn't even argue, just left.
The room was silent, the two siblings barely moving at all, until Vampire turned to Alchemist.
"..I'm sorry. I let my anger get the best of me- I shouldn't have-"
Alchemist just shook her head. "It's okay. But don't ever do that again. I didn't want to have to bail my own brother out of jail for killing his mother." She smiled at her weak attempt at a joke, relieved when Vampire smiled back.
They'd be okay.

Because they had each other.