mother knows best!

Alchemist awoke, tucked in her own bed. Her head hurt... Wait, wasn't she outside? She sat up, immediately flinching. "Ow-"
"Ah ah ah! Lie back down, you need to rest dear."
Alchemist wasn't too sure where that voice came from, her vision still.. weird.  "..what happened?" She groaned, doing what she was told.
"You hit your head sweetie. You're okay now."
"..mom?" Alchemist was definitely not expecting this.
The voice beside her let out a gentle laugh. "Yes dear. It's me. Did you miss me?"

..what? Alchemist didn't speak, where did she come from? She hadn't seen her for years.. wait. If her mother was here then- she sat up immediately, looking around frantically.
"Alchemist? Darling? Is everything alright?" Her mother reached over, gently holding onto her arm.
"Wheres- wheres Vampire-" Alchemist's voice was quiet, she didn't like this. This wasn't right. Where was her brother? Was he safe?
"Your brother? I haven't seen him darling. Why?" Her mother sounded honest. But could she trust her? Would she ever trust her?
No. She wouldn't trust her. Last time she did.. it didn't end well.

Her mother let go of her, and leaned back in her chair. "I'm glad I finally found you. You have no idea how long it took me." She happily sighed, watching Alchemist's face the whole time. "You hid yourself quite well my dear. Luckily I ran into that sweet little gardener who used to work for us. Does he still work for you?" She didn't give her a chance to respond before she continued. "It's been too long hasn't it sweetie? I've got so much to tell you. You've missed a lot of important things!"
Alchemist stared at her, how did she get in the house? She could play along, until she can finally get her out of here. Maybe if Vampire wasn't home she could get her away before she sees him.

"Darling?" Her mother smiled at her, tilting her head.
Alchemist snapped out of her trail of thought. "Y-yes?"
"Are you feeling alright? You seem distracted."
"Yeah- I'm fine." Alchemist kept her gaze on her, why did she happen to show up now, after the whole mess had passed.

Vampire let out a yawn as he walked back to his home, he was alone at this point, the sun had gone down. He glanced up at the stairs leading to his front door, something felt off. He took a sip of the little vial in his hand, a gift from sparkling, before approaching and letting himself in.
It was quiet, more than normal. Usually his sister would greet him, before rushing back off to whatever. Something was definitely off.
Vampire walked down the hallway, there wasn't any noise, that was another red flag.
".. Alchemist? You here?" He called out, surely she'd respond right?
Nothing.
Guess he was alone?

Nevermind. A thud from a room on the next floor at least told him he wasn't alone. Oh well, he might as well check on her.
And with that he walked up the first flight of stairs and towards the room at the end of the hall. His sisters room. He always found it weird how she slept on the first floor, it's not like there weren't any good rooms on the ground floor, and it was closer to her workspace, surely she'd be better off down there.
Oh well, it's not like he was on the ground floor either, could he really be surprised?
He stopped in front of the door and knocked.

"Vampire? That you?"

"Yeah, you okay? I couldn't even tell if you where in."

"Yeah! I'm fine. Just having a rest that's all-"

Vampire paused, she sounded worried. Why would she be worried? What if she was hiding someone! A boyfriend perhaps? Or a girlfriend? This could be good. He could tease her for this. She'd lose the upper ground!
He shook his head, with a soft laugh before grabbing the handle and turning it.