memories (13)

Alchemist had been running free for around an hour, and Vampire hadn't moved an inch. Herb was growing a little restless, and it was very obvious.
"If you want to go somewhere you can. I'll be fine here."  Vampire glanced over at him, before returning his gaze to the view before them.
"..are you sure?" Herb couldn't help but be doubtful. This was vampire after all.
"Yeah. You don't have to worry about me running away. I won't move an inch." Vampire flashed him a small smirk. "Promise."
"..okay."
Vampire was left alone.

He didn't mind, the loneliness was pleasant. When he was by himself no one could get him. He was safe.
Besides, he enjoyed people watching.

The streets were quite full, not too surprising for the time of day. Everywhere was full of happy conversations, charming sales and a generally pleasant atmosphere. This was nice.
However the quiet never lasts around these parts and Vampire was rudely interrupted in his isolation. A young woman sat beside him, her cute blue hair tied up in bunches, one more segmented than the other free flowing one. She kicked her legs back and forwards in an almost childish manner. Vampire glanced in her direction, only to see her gazing up at him with a sparkle in her sapphire eyes.
"...can I help you?" Truth be told, he was more confused than anything. He didn't recognize this girl.
"Oh um- ah sorry- I just wanted to ask you something-" she stuttered, trying to seem innocent and sweet.
Vampire looked off to the side, noticing a group of girls dressed in a similar style, all excitedly giggling... Seems he had an audience.
"Go on then. I don't see why you need to keep me waiting." He returned his gaze to her, watching her everymove.
"Do you think I'm cute?" She fidgeted with her hands, picking at the frills sewn into her gown.
"Well, I'd say so yes." He spoke immediately, not even taking time to process it.
She burst into a fit of giggles, with a blush on her face. "Oh my! I never thought you'd be so brash! What should I have expected from a man of your status!" She looked to the side, fanning herself to seem more flustered than she was.
".. a man of my status?" He mumbled, not too sure where she was going with this.
"Oh forgive me- I haven't even introduced myself!" She kept giggling, standing up to curtsey. "I'm Blueberry cookie! Heir to house blueberry! You must be one of the Wine siblings right?" She grinned, standing impatiently before him.
"..what gave it away?" He forced a smile and an awkward laugh.
"You're the talk of the town! I mean- when we found out you were back we all got excited! A handsome young man in this pretty kingdom! Just what we wanted to see!" She kept laughing, going back to sit with him.
"I see.." he watched her closely, she seemed innocent enough, there were no clear motives behind her friendly display apart from maybe a slight bit of flirting. But that was harmless. It was her companion not too far away that worried him.
Another well dressed lady, this time clad in red with an upper class hairdo. A girl he'd saw once before.
"That's my friend, cranberry! She's very serious, but she's nice to me!" Blueberry kept chattering away, even daring to lean against Vampire's shoulder.

"..I'm aware." Vampire couldn't even force a smile as he watched Cranberry whisper something to the girl beside her, most likely a maid of some sort.
"You know her?" Blueberry seemed to beam even wider, before she called Cranberry over. Vampires heart began to race. The cranberry family was closely associated with his mother. Surely this wouldn't end well.
"Cranberry! Come here!" She excitedly called out, waving at the other.
Cranberry was elegant in her movements, but she had a devious glint in her eyes. What was she up to?
"Vampire. I almost didn't recognise you." She smirked, nodding as a greeting to Blueberry.
"What gave it away?" Vampire forced a smile, hoping this would be over soon.
"That hair of yours is impossible to get out of my memory. I wish my own hair was as fine and neat as yours." Cranberry sighed, "you look almost like Ms Wine herself out here. I nearly confused the two of you." She continued, ignoring the falling smile on Vampire's face. 
Blueberry glanced at Vampire, she could tell something was off. Maybe inviting cranberry over wasn't such a good idea.
"Oh! Cranberry! I forgot I wanted to show you this really cute cake stall! Come on before they sell out!" Blueberry stood up, excitedly dragging cranberry away without letting her answer.

Vampire could almost swear he saw her wink at him.