memories (12)

It'd been a week since Vampire had returned "home" and things seemed to be improving. He may have shut himself away from the others, but atleast he was safe. That's what Alchemist believed anyways.
Her conversation with her mother had went well, she'd convinced her to let Herb act as a sort of servant, his only task to make sure Vampire didn't die on them. Which was pretty easy, since Vampire didn't really do anything.

Alchemist herself was distracted. She needed to focus. Their observations were going slowly, too slow for comfort. What could she do to really get answers?
"That's it!" She burst out, startling the sleepy plant cookie who was just trying to relax.
"..what?" He yawned, as she excitedly shoved a few things into a bag.
"We're going out! All three of us!" She smiled, rummaging around for her favourite cloak.
"Going out?" Herb stood up, stretching as he watched the younger girl scurry around the room.
"Yeah! Vampire won't talk when he's in here right? So let's get him out of here!" She grinned as she triumphantly pulled the mauve cloak out of a pile of carelessly discarded clothing. "what do you think? A good idea right?"
"Eh, won't hurt to try." Herb shrugged, glancing to the door. "Should I get him?"
Alchemist nodded, as she continued to search for whatever she wanted to take. "Don't be too long!" She called out as Herb left the room.

Herb travelled down the corridors, the walls were covered in paintings, some of the family, some of just random things, perhaps Red Wine liked to collect art? It did seem possible. His thoughts were disrupted by a thud, he paused, that sounded close. "That better not be Vampire-" he whispered to himself as he quickened his pace, arriving at the door in record time. He knocked twice, and when he didn't receive an answer, slowly pushed out the door.

"..go away." Vampire hissed, earning a sigh from Herb.
"Hmmm... Nope. You can't kick me out that easily." Herb made his way over to him, he was lying flat on the floor, his breathing seemed off, had he been crying?
"Come on, get up, you're coming out with us." He knelt down beside him, gently patting his head.
Vampire looked at him with a suspicious look in his eyes. "..who's us?"
Herb just smiled, "you, me and Alchemist, that's all." He gently grabbed onto his hand, and began to stand, "come on then." Vampire rolled his eyes, but did as he was told.

It didn't take long for them to meet up with Alchemist, who had finally gathered all she wanted to take with her. "Cmon! Let's go before it's too busy!" She grinned, eager to go to the door.
Herb just smiled, shaking his head. "Calm down, it'll be fine out there."

The three of them eventually made it to wherever Alchemist wanted to lead them to, a beautiful little town with a bustling market. The air was filled with happy chatter, and the sweet smell of baked goods hid any possibly unpleasant scents. It was the ideal little area. Alchemist turned to the pair a few steps behind her, grinning. "Where do ya wanna go first?"
Vampire was staring at the ground, Herb knew what his expression meant, "is there somewhere quiet?" He glanced up at Alchemist, before returning his attention to Vampire.
"Oh sure, follow me." She looked a little disappointed, but she knew what was going on. The trio continued on, eventually reaching a shady and quiet spot. Herb directed Vampire to a pretty little bench beside a wall, and the two sat down. Alchemist awkwardly rocked back and forwards, looking around the market.

"If you want to explore.. go ahead. We'll still be here." Vampires voice surprised her, but she eagerly nodded, speeding off into the comfort of society. Herb looked over at him, giving his hand a squeeze.
"You'll be fine out here. Promise." He spoke quietly, watching as Vampire leaned against him.

"..why did you really bring me out here. Just to go shopping?"

Herb's smile fell slightly. "..no not entirely just to shop."
Vampire shrugged. "I knew it.."
"We thought you needed some time away from.. her. Don't you agree?" Herb looked off into the distance, watching the other cookies walk on by. Vampire didn't respond, instead closing his eyes and for the first time in a while, relaxed.