friendly chat

It didn't take long for the pair to reach the kingdoms bustling streets. It was midday, what did they expect? Besides, it was a glorious day, the sun was beaming down, but there was a delicate breeze that saved it from being too warm, most cookies would come out today. Much to Alchemist's dismay that was, it'd take much longer to travel through now.
Vampire didn't seem to mind, he was happily walking behind her.
Despite the large crowds of cookies, the attention wasn't on them, after all, it was warm, so who was all that bothered by a covered up cookie and one that looked agitated?
Alchemist took a sharp turn, Nearing a calm and cheery building. "Best check in here first.." she mumbled, sparing a glance back at Vampire, who hadn't quite realized where they were going.

She pushed the door open, greeted by a friendly array of smells, it was delightful, fruit, berries, anything you could want to smell you did. And there at the end of the large room were two cookies she'd hoped to see.
She waltzed over, dragging Vampire with her.
He was glancing around, finally aware of where they were, part of him relieved, yet part of him rather afraid of what would happen here. He finally focused his gaze on Alchemist, hoping it would keep him from getting overwhelmed.

"Oh Alchemist! Long time no see!" A cheery male voice, a friend, but not who they were here to see.
"Yeah yeah, we aren't here for long so don't get too chatty." She smiled, despite her lack of enthusiasm, she did appear friendly.
"I see you've dragged Vampire with you? Haven't seen him for a while." He grinned, giving her a friendly pat on the shoulder.
"Yeah yeah, I'm surprised you're not so.. intense about it."
"I can tell you don't want to talk about it, so why would I make you?" He turned his attention back to his previous interactions.
"Gosh Mint choco you are great.." alchemist grumbled, but she meant it, it was nice not to be questioned as intensely as she had been.

Vampires attention was clearly taken by something, his gaze focused on the sight before him.
That familiar feeling of panic began to return to his body, he didn't like this anymore. He wanted to go back home, to hell with finding Herb.

"Oh! Alchemist!" There was that sound he dreaded hearing. Sparkling.
"What brings you out here?" The fizzy cookie seemed like he was alright, but Vampire couldn't look away, was he mad at him? Did he hate him?

"We're looking for Herb, I thought you of all people would know." Alchemist seemed relaxed too, how could she be so calm? Did she forget what had happened? Sure it was a while ago, but Vampire could remember it like it was that very morning.
"You've come to the right place! He's currently rummaging around out back, I've let him store some of his house plants here and my god does he fuss over them- I can fetch him for you, if you'd like?" Sparkling had a cheery little hum to his words, but Vampire could sense that slight bit of nervousness in it. So he was unhappy Vampire was here.. that hurt.

Alchemist waved him off. "Nah, I can wait for him, Vampire, sit please." She turned her attention to her brother, who looked much more nervous now. He obliged, sitting on his regular bar stool, yet he dared not speak.
"Could I get you anything while you wait?" Sparkling asked, breaking the silence that had fell over them.

"I'll be fine, Vampire?"

He simply shook his head, burying his face in part of the cloak, hoping the smell would comfort him. Alchemist let out a little sigh.
"So Sparkling, how are you feeling now? Sorry for not checking up sooner.. yknow" she vaguely motioned towards Vampire.
"I'm.. alright. Everything's healed up except for one little spot, so I'm basically fine now. A little drained but yknow." He gently laughed at his own wordplay, hoping the joke would ease the atmosphere. It didn't.
"Oh really? Well I'm glad you're feeling better now. Honestly I've been worried sick about the two of you these past few days.." she rested her head on her hand. "So much going on.. nothing improving at home."
Sparkling offered her a reassuring glance. "I'm sure things will get better soon." He glanced off to the side. "Ah, there we go."

"Sparkling I told you to keep the windows open! If they don't get enough air they get all moody- oh! Hello!" There was that chipper voice they were here to see.

"You brought vampire with you?"