memories (4)

Vampire can't remember a lot of his teenage years, but the things he can remember? He wishes he couldn't remember any of them at all.

-------------------

Vampire had lived with his father for a few years before he saw his sister or his mother again, those years were safe, he ended up learning a lot about himself, how much he enjoyed the company of others, more specifically, male company over female. And for the first time since that night they left, they were returning to the house they used to call home.

It was alchemist's birthday, she'd invited them personally, how could they say no?

It was awfully awkward when they'd arrived. What did they expect? Their last conversation wasn't exactly on good terms. The courtyard was already full with people. This was really a big event huh? The first thing Vampire noticed was the great amount of new people he didn't know. There was a bar to the side, with a rather older looking cookie and what must have been his apprentice. To the back of the courtyard were two youthful cookies carrying fruits and other plant foods towards a table, this really was a big event.

He stayed to the side, staying in the shadows away from the life of the party. His father was socialising, but that was pretty normal for him. Vampire never saw the appeal, to him it was just unnecessary discussions that wouldn't do anything for him. So he stayed by himself, until a rather chipper looking boy appeared beside him.

"Why are you in the dark? Wouldn't you rather be in the light? It's nice I promise." The boy seemed around his age, and at a closer inspection, it was one of the two that had been carrying the fruits around.

"I'm light sensitive."

"Oh. Well, I'll stay here with you! You looked lonely here." The boy said, turning to face the crowd, they stayed silent for a little while. Until once more the boy spoke.

"So... I know this probably sounds rude but like- who are you? No one really seemed to want to talk to you- why?" He rambled awkwardly, getting a little flustered.

"My name's Vampire, Alchemist is my younger sister." He glanced down at the boy, this was a chance to either make a scene, or just be civil, and he hadn't decided just yet.

"I didn't know she had a brother! That's cool!" The boy grinned. "Why doesn't she talk about you? It's like you didn't even exist!"

"Hell if I know. I've been living with our father for the last few years, so I bet that's why no one knows who I am." Vampire grumbled, not even sure why he was responding.

"Oh! I forgot to even introduce myself- My names Herb cookie! I'm here with my older sister Spinach!" The boy smiled at him, and even though his bubbly nature drove him mad, he was still a nice person to talk to.
"Nice to meet you Herb, even if it wasn't my choice." Vampire chuckled, something about his happiness was infectious.

Of course this happiness couldn't last. This event, this party, completely changed his life. It never left him, and never will.

A.N- hi I know these two parts are really short but believe me I needed to finish these so I could make the next ones, my god they're gonna be so much more intense than this - ajhajsjsmsnanan