memories (5)

Vampire liked two things when he grew up, his privacy, and his father. But I guess all good things come to an end don't they?

---------------------

Alchemist's birthday party was coming to an end, she seemed to have had a good time, which was all Vampire could have wanted, she was his sister and he still did love her. The guilt of leaving her had never left him so seeing her so happy was a gift he would never forget.
The whole time he'd been shadowed by Herb cookie, the boy had made himself quite familiar with Vampire in the few hours they hung out together. Vampire had decided he did like him, while he was very talkative, he knew when to stop, which was very helpful.

It was finally time to leave, all he had to do was find his father, shouldn't take long. Well, that was his plan, until he was tugged along in a different direction. Herb was rather excitably leading Vampire somewhere else.
"Where are we going now?" Vampire asked, a hint of nerves to his voice, he didn't really want to be known to the visitors, too many awkward questions yknow?
"I want to introduce you to someone, he's my closest friend!" Herb grinned, there was no way Vampire could say no to that face.
"Is he nearby?" Vampire glanced around, to see if he could guess who they'd see.
"Mhm! He's just over here!" Herb dragged Vampire over to the makeshift bar in the far end of the courtyard. "Stay here, I'll get him!" He gave Vampire an excited look, and ran off somewhere.
So Vampire waited, much to his dismay in a rather visible place.

Eventually a rather cold shadow fell over him, and he turned rather nervously to see who was there.
"So, you did show up?" There was that icy voice he wanted to avoid.
"Why wouldn't I? Alchemist invited me, so I came." He spoke back with a rather monotone voice, he'd try his best to avoid reacting too much to her presence.
"I thought you'd be too scared to come back here, since you were rather eager to leave." She glared at him, he knew she was looking for any sign of fear, she was good at taking advantage of it.
"If you're asking if I'm scared of you, I'm not. You might be my mother, but you're not in control of me anymore, now if you'll excuse me, I'm busy." He turned away from her, knowing all too well she wouldn't like that, he could feel her eyes burning into the back of his head, but he couldn't give in now.

Herb appeared again, dragging yet another cookie with him. Vampire recognised him as the apprentice he'd saw working today. Was he really surprised that Herb cookie had befriended him too? No, not really.
"Vampire! This is my friend Sparkling! Hes- o-oh! Miss wine- sorry was I interrupting you?" He froze when he spotted Vampires mother behind him, clearly she was a frightening figure to those she hired aswell as a not so good parent.
"You're not interrupting anything, she was just leaving, right mother?" Vampire spoke with a hostility his mother had never saw before, and frankly she was rather surprised.
"..yes. I was leaving" she repeated, rather thrown off by Vampire's change of character.
Herb watched rather confused, he knew they didn't get on, but he also knew Vampire was more afraid of her than hated her.
"Um- anyways -"

"Sparkling was it?" Vampire seemed to almost snap from his hostility to a friendliness. Herb glanced at Sparkling who looked rather nervous now.
"Y-yeah! That's me- nice to meet you, Vampire right?" Sparkling stuck out his hand, it was almost second nature to him now, Vampire couldn't help but smile a bit as he grasped his hand, giving it a firm shake.
"Pleasures all mine, so, how long have you known herb?"

After around an hour of just bonding, the three had grown rather close. Sparkling had told them about the crazy places he'd visited while working as an apprentice, Herb often chiming in with random plant related facts, Vampire hadn't spoken alot about his own self, but he didn't mind, something about being more mysteriously was charming to him, so he'd stay that way. However it was time for Vampire to leave, he didn't really want to hang around here too long anyways, so he got up, said his goodbyes and went to find his father.

A.N - enjoy some complimentary art 🥰🥰 also don't mind his hairstyle he hasn't had his identity crisis yet lol. And uh- this isn't the intense thing I planned I decided it was too long for just one part Oop.