The Birds and the Trees Stiles Stilinski

⬇️

⬇️

Y/N's POV.

It was junior year. And if you could describe it so far in one word it would be STRESS. With thinking about colleges and exams and all that, it was just too overwhelming.

You had so much homework and you were so exhausted. Your mother told you to go have a quick break, but to be back soon. So you went to the most calming place you can think of, the park. 

You loved the park, mainly because your favorite tree was there. You LOVED to climb trees, but this certain tree was your favorite. It was fun to climb, it was shady, and it protected you from the rain. You found this tree when you were 12 and you still love it to this day.

  So here you are now, in the tree with your ear plugs in, listening to soothing music. The temperature was just right, breezy but still a kind of warm. You felt your stress levels go down and you closed your eyes. That is until you heard a bang against the tree.

Your eyes shot open. There was a baseball on the ground. That is until some boy went over and picked it up, walking away. You furrowed your eyebrows together, but then shrugged and closed your eyes together.  Then you heard the bang again. You groaned and turned your music up louder. But this time the ball went too high and hit one of the branches on the tree.

The branch fell off. No one does that to your tree.  "Hey!" You shouted down. The boy walked over to the tree and looked up. He jumped when he saw you.  "Oh my, jes-wow okay sorry I didn't know there was someone up there." The boy said.

He looked about your age. He had nice brown hair, and adorable brown eyes and cute little moles. He's cute, you thought, no y/n he is not, he has, like no respect for nature.  "Well who cares if someone's up here? You still hit one of the branches off of this tree. It's living too you know, the branches are like its limbs. How would you like it if someone hit you with a baseball and all your limbs fell off?" You asked him, with your arms crossed.

His frown turned into a smile and he laughed.  "What's so funny? Is hurting nature humorous to you?" He shook his head, still smiling.  "You're adorable." He said. You felt a blush go to your cheeks but you shook it off, not wanting this guy to see it. 

Well you're definitely not. So how about you get that baseball, and-hey what are you doing?!" You shouted. He was climbing up the tree as you were speaking. 

Hey this is my tree! Was there a sign that said, 'Random Nature Hating Guys  Allowed!'?" He finally climbed up, sitting on a strong branch next to you. You grabbed a random long twig and held it up to him, acting like it was a sword.

He put up his hands in surrender.  "Hey hey, put the weapon down, I repeat, put the weapon down." He said. You slowly brought it down.  "Fine, just don't come into my territory." You said, closing your eyes again. 

It was silent for a bit, and you even thought the mysterious boy left. That is until he said, "Hey I don't hate nature by the way. I love it. And I'll prove it.

You opened your eyes, and raised an eyebrow, wondering what he'll do. He looked at you, to make sure you were watching. Then he leaned down and kissed the tree branch. Then he sat back up.  "See? I love it." You rolled your eyes, but felt a small smile creeping up on your face. You immediately stopped and pretended like you were frowning. 

Hey! I saw that! You smiled! I made you smile!" He exclaimed. You shook your head, smiling a small smile and closed your eyes again.  "I'm Stiles by the way." He told you. You sighed and opened your eyes. He held out his hand.  "Y/n." You said, slowly shaking his hand. But since he only had one hand holding on to the branch he lost his balance and fell out of the tree. You covered your mouth, surprised at first but then you started laughing.

You laughed so hard that you lost your balance and fell over right next to him.  "Not so funny when it happens to you, is it?" Stiles asked, with a lop sided grin. You shoved his arm and rolled your eyes. 

I can tell I'm growing on you. I can see your eyes lighting up as I talk." He told you.  "I'm pretty sure everyone's eyes light up wen the moon comes out. The glow probably makes your eye brighter." You said, pointing at the moon.  "Wow, the moon's already out? Sometimes you just lose track of time. Anyways, what were you doing up in that tree?" He wondered.  "That tree is kind of my escape. I'm in a lot of stress lately with junior year and all.

I just come to this tree to relax. Iv been going to it since it was 12." You explained, not sure why you were telling this random stranger all of this. Stiles nodded.  "I get that. So do you go to Beacon Hills? I'm a junior also." You nodded.  "Yep. But on a different subject, why were you throwing a baseball at a tree?" You asked him.  "What can I say? The tree was trash talking me!" He said, smiling.

You shook your head, grinning.  "Actually paper is made from trees. And you have to recycle paper. So you can say the tree was RECYCLE talking you." You horribly joked.  "True," He said, laughing, "No but seriously. I love baseball and I was practicing throwing.

Because if I throw it anywhere else, it would probably end up knocking out some poor kid." You nodded, still smiling.  "Hey I'm making you smile a lot!" Stiles pointed out, "I'm guessing you don't do that much." You rolled your eyes again.  "You also roll your eyes a lot. Your eyes are going to freeze."  "Stiles do you ever shut up?" You asked.  "Nope. If you want Stiles you have to come with the whole package." He said,  smiling.  "Who said I wanted you?" You asked, with a raised brow.  "Oh please. You SO want me." He grinned.

You laughed and began to throw grass at him. Pretty soon you were having a grass fight and before you knew it it was midnight.  "OH NO OH NO MY MOM'S GONNA BE SO MAD I DIDNT EVEN DO MY HOMEWORK AND-" Stiles put a hand on your shoulder.  "Y/n, chill. I bet you never missed any homework in your whole life. Missing it one time won't do anything. And hey, I'm free every like, Thursday.

Maybe we can meet up at this tree? Every Thursday, just to, you know escape the world for a little while. I know this was your tree first, but we can make this tree, our tree if you want." Stiles suggested, smiling.

You blushed and thanked the darkness of the night that he couldn't see it.  "Yeah. I'd like that." You said, truthfully. You stood up, and brushed off the grass on your pants.  "Okay. We'll meet up at our tree. Every Thursday. See you later Stiles!" You said, walking off, leaving Stiles grinning to himself. 

Sure you got yelled at by your mom for coming home so late, but you didn't care. You were head over heels for this boy, and you only knew him for a couple of hours. 

That tree is a miracle worker.

The end....