It was cute Thomas

⬇️

⬇️

Third Person POV.

Tired and hungry, you slumped into your hammock after a long day in the Maze.

Being a runner definitely wasn't easy but it was necessary to keep the Gladers from losing hope.

You felt burdened returning every night with nothing new to back, you ate dinner alone and spoke to almost no one. 

Being a runner himself, Thomas understood the way you felt but his patched memories kept him running.

Newt had told him not to tell the others, you included and therefore you were unware of the world past the Maze.

It pained Thomas to see you like this so he asked Minho for help. 

Thomas walked up to you and took a crate to sit beside your hammock.

"Hey Y/n" he spoke softly, his gentle voice mingled with the cool breeze.

You sat up slowly and faced Thomas who flashed a smile towards you, one which you tiredly returned. 

"You didn't eat dinner" Thomas said.

You nodded, the doors had closed a while ago and most of the Gladers were already asleep.

The other runners included, except of course you and Thomas.

"I'm not hungry" you told him back, shrugging your shoulders lightly.

Thomas nodded and stayed quiet.

His palms felt sweaty, his cheeks turned warm and he secretly thanked the darkness form concealing his pink cheeks from you.

  "h- hey Y/n" Thomas spoke again, this time his voiced was much quieter, almost like he was going to tell a secret.

You leaned in slightly, making sure you could hear him better and quirked an eyebrow. 

"Are you a banana? Because I find you a-peeling!" he said suddenly, surprising you with his words.

Thomas felt his whole face burn up, he was certain he was as red as the tomatoes found in Zart's garden.

Embarrassment washed over him as he anticipated your reaction.

Much to his surprised, a chuckle escaped your lips as you tilted your head back and laughed loudly. 

You sobered up, enough to look at Thomas.

You were confused for sure, but also grateful towards Thomas for cheering you up.

"Did Minho teach you that?" you asked with a smile plastered on your lips.

Thomas nodded his head, almost in shame. 

"forget I said it..." he muttered, disappointed with himself.

"why? It was cute!" you giggled.

Thomas felt his heart rate increase rapidly and a wide grin spread across his cheeks.

The end.....