Bonfire confession Thomas

⬇️

⬇️

Y/N's POV.

The Gladers were already half drunk due to Gally's drink. But then there were still a few that didn't really drink Gally's recipe since it's not their favourite, or it's not their favourite thing to do-get drunk. And by a few, you meant Thomas.  He was the only one you could talk to on nights like this, since well... He doesn't get drunk.

He wasn't a fan of Gally's recipe.  "Hey Thomas." You greeted as you walked up to him while he was sitting on a log away from the others. "Hey YN." Thomas said with his heart warming smile.  You had a major crush on Thomas, but you were confident enough to approach him and act natural. 

Thomas just looked at the crowd as they laughed hysterically and partied around the fire.  "So how're you enjoying... This?" You chuckled gesturing around the small party.  "It's okay. I wonder how the greenie's doing." Thomas chuckled. "Yeah." You giggle. 

It was quiet for a little until someone came walking over already laughing. "Hey! Look who it is!" Minho gushed as he saw Thomas. "I'm so happy for you bro!" Minho finishes.

Then the other boys that were near heard and turned around obviously drunk too. 

What are you talking about?" Thomas asked clueless.  "You're talking to the girl you like!" Minho laughed. "Don't you remember?" Minho laughed harder.

Then the other boys stated making cat calls and hooted.  "Shit." Thomas said under his breath. His face revealed a blush. 

You were in shock so you didn't realize that it's been quiet for too long, so Thomas got up to leave.  "Dude wait!" Minho said grabbing Thomas' arm. 

Okay okay, so... One time Thomas was running with me in the maze right? So," Minho then threw an arm around Thomas. "He was running so slow! I was all like, 'dude what's the hold up?' And then Thomas was like 'I don't know' and then I was like 'are you sure? Looks like somethin' bothering ya.

That's when Thomas said 'It's just that ever since Y/N came to the glade everything was stranger for me.' And then I was like 'Dude you totally like her!' And then he said 'No.' And then-"  As Minho spoke you saw Thomas in complete shock as he was staring at Minho with wide eyes and whispering telling him to stop.  "And that's when he finally confessed!" Minho slurred his words. 

Thomas finally shoved Minho and left.  "Dude don't run from your girl!" Minho laughed.  You process what just happened and decided to run after Thomas.  "Yes Y/N go get your man!" Minho laughed.  "Thomas!" You called out hoping to get his attention. 

Thomas pretended not to hear you and began walking faster, so you ran quicker. 

Thomas!" You yelled again, this time too close for him to fake not hearing you. 

He only stopped, but refused to turn around.  "Well that was... Something..." You nervously chuckle. Thomas still didn't turn around. "Thomas?" You ask worriedly. He didn't turn. 

Thomas was about to walk away until you grabbed his hand causing him to freeze in his steps.  "Thomas turn around.

You say a little shaky since you're about to confess your feelings. He took a deep breath, it sounded like a hitch.  Why does he keep trying to leave? If he doesn't like you back, there's always another fifty boys to choose from. 

But that's the problem, Thomas was the one. For whatever the reason was, your heart was set on Thomas.  "Thomas please turn." You say more hopeful. He finally turns quickly.

His eyes looking glossy as the fire in the distance illuminated them. 

You weren't sure if those were just his eyes for whatever reason, or... He was crying? 

Thomas?" You ask looking into his eyes. 

Y/N I'm sorry. I'm sorry Minho was acting like a dick and he blurt out things I didn't want you to know. I know that you must be completely freaked out because I'm freaking in love with you. Okay? I am in love with you. And I know you don't feel the same way but you know... Why don't I just tell you myself? That I like you?" His voice cracked. Obviously he was crying and didn't want you to see him, that's why he refused to turn around. 

You though about what you were going to do and did it, you took a deep breath and stood on your tippy toes so your lips connected to his. 

He was shocked at first, but immediately kissed back.

It was slow and passionate.

It wasn't long until Thomas' hands traveled around your waist then rested them on your hips. At the same time your hands traveled to the back of his neck. 

It took a good long five minutes before you two had to finally pull apart. 

W-what was that for?" Thomas said blinking a few times quickly. "For loving me back." You giggle and he grins and pulls you into another deep, passionate kiss.  When you finally pulled apart, Thomas looked at you directly into your eyes as if reading something.

You were completely lost in his. Finally he spoke up. "YN, I wanted to tell you for the longest time... Will you be mine?" He asked in his soft voice.

Yes." You say and pull into another kiss.  "That's what I'm talking about Tommyboy!"  You both looked in the distance to see what boy yelled at you both along with some cheering others.  It didn't take long to realize that it was Minho. "Yes you go Tommy yeah!" Minho yelled.

You both laughed and walked back to the party.

The end.....