→ 𝙞.

---------------------------------------------

"ALL RIGHT, LET ME CHECK." ONE OF LUCAS' TEAMMATES SIGHED, THE TEAM WAITING OUTSIDE OF A VANDALISED BENNY'S FOR THEIR CAPTAIN TO FINISH SPPEAKING TO TWO POLICE OFFICERS. Lucas held his head, leaning against a railing imagining all the shit he'd go through with his mother- "Hey." Lucas looked to his left, seeing Patrick leaning next to him. "I'm sure it's nothing, all right? Probably the neighbours complained about the noise or some shit." He comforted the boy, Lucas nodding. "You all right?" Lucas looked back at the boy, nodding once more with a shrug. "Yeah. I'm good." He answered, getting a slap on the back from his friend. "Good." He smiled, walking back to his spot.

"And you were here all night?" Chief Powell asked Jason, officer Callahan rounding the table they were sat. "Yes. Ask anyone." Jason assured, Callahan nodding. "Oh, we will, but thank you for the suggestion." He nodded, writing it down on his notepad. "I see a whole lot of beer around. You have fun last night?" Powell hinted, Jason scoffing. "What, you gonna arrest me for drinking?" He spoke, Powell turning to him. "It is against the law, so we could." He shot back, looking up to Callahan. "Should we?" He asked, Jason's heart rate increasing. "I'd vote for trespassing, myself." Callahan added on with a sarcastic shrug, looking to Jason. "I don't think Benny's family would be too thrilled to see what you've done to his place." He informed, Jason sighing.

"Yo, people been using this shithole for years, man. Act like you guys didn't know." He argued, Powell looking back to him. "What about your girlfriend?" He changed the topic, causing Jason to look at him from the simple mention of the girl. "She party here last night?" The chief asked, Jason's demeanour faltering. "Chrissy? No." He spoke lower, Callahan humming. "That's odd, what with her being your girlfriend and all." He shrugged, Jason becoming panicked. "Why are you asking about Chris?" He asked quickly, Powell shrugging. "When's the last time you talked to her?" The man asked, Jason confused. "After the game." The younger boy answered, the two officers nodding to one another. "Look, this... this has nothing to do with that dead student, does it?" He leant forwards, the men ignoring him.

"What did Chrissy say when you talked to her?" Powell asked, Callahan ready with his notebook. "Well, s-she... I mean, she said she was gonna go home, get changed, something like that." Jason shrugged, Callahan clearing his throat. "Did she mention anything about buying drugs for the party?" He spoke up, Jason looking to him quickly. "Drugs? No. No way. Chrissy doesn't mess with that crap." He shook his head, Powell shrugging. "Maybe someone talked her into it." He suggested, Jason still in denial. "No. She's straight as an arrow." He assured the officers, Powell keeping eye contact with him. "What about Eddie Munson?" His question made Jason Craver halt. "Ever seen her talking to him?" Powell added on, Jason's concern turning into rage.

"That freak? No. No way." Jason watched as the two men looked to one another awkwardly. This was basically a one sided relationship between Chrissy and Jason. "Wait, what... What does Eddie have to do with all of this?" He asked, watching as the chief looked down. "Did that freak hurt her?" Jason's voice raised, getting no answer from the officers. "He hurt Chrissy?" He confirmed, the officers not answering to this question either. "Did he hurt Chrissy?" Jason yelled, leaning forward as he made eye contact with Chief Powell,