Chapter 26

Author's P.O.V.

"Can you step away? You're invading my personal space." Jungkook took a step back in surprise, didn't expect her to react this way.

While Lisa was trying so hard not to let her composure slip in front of him, she needs to let him know that it won't be that easy this time around to win her over.

There's no doubt that I love him but I've lost my trust in him.

Taking a deep breath, she turned around and started placing the breakfast on the table.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I was just looking at what you were cooking." He awkwardly scratched his nape while looking away.

"Hmmm..." She replied nonchalantly but then she noticed how his half sleeve shirt showed off those bulky biceps with those prominent veins. She internally sighed.

Why did he of all times wear this shirt now?! And to top it off, a white one on that.

And then she realized that his shirt was thin and she could notice the outline of that curvy body of his and by now her face was burning up.

Dang! If I could only touch

She quickly shook her head to get rid of her thoughts and decided to ignore him so the thirsty teenage girl in her won't be awake.

Well, she'll always be awake as long as he's around.

Mentally giving herself a lecture, she took her seat while he took a seat opposite her.

Jungkook smiled while eating because it reminded him of the time she used to cook do him, "This brings me back to those days when you cooked for me and we would spend time on the roof—" The clash of the fork hitting the plate made him stop talking.

"Can you not? I don't wanna remember my past. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't bring it up." The serious and cold look on her face that he has never seen before throbbed in his heart.

"Sorry, I won't." He looked down feeling dejected.

Lisa was having a hard time putting up this cold demeanor and she felt bad for doing this but it was the only way she could think of so she won't just melt away every time he looks her way.

Why does he look like a puppy who got kicked?

Feeling guilty, she decided to go outside her house to get some fresh air and not think about anything else including him.

After eating she was about to wash the dishes but he insisted that he should do that as thanking her for the breakfast.

How am I supposed to move on when he acts like a gentleman?

"I'm going for some groceries, do you need anything?" She asked and Jungkook quickly wiped his hands and stood in front of her.

"Can I.....come with you?" He was giving those puppy eyes which made her frustrated because she knows she can't say no.

"I want to know about the place you spend your childhood in." He gave that charming smile again and that was enough to shake up her heart.

Ugh! Why am I so easy?

"Okay, fine! Just stick around me so won't get lost because if you did, I won't look for you."

Of course, I would.

She turned around and he happily followed her like a puppy with his tail wiggling.

___________________________________

They were waiting for the train as she was going to show him around while they buy groceries too.

Finally, the train stopped but due to the crowd that stormed inside the train, they were being pushed around. Lisa was almost about to fall but thankfully Jungkook was there to catch her.

Feeling flustered, she rushed inside and he followed along but there was a problem, it was packed with people and they were stuck near the door.

They felt awkward in this position where Jungkook was behind her and whenever someone moved in front of her, she would move back and bump into his chest and then quickly remove herself.

"Sorry," she apologized for bumping into him a lot while tucking back her hair.

"It's okay, it's not your fault." She turned around to smile at him in gratefulness but someone bumped into her making her gasp and fall over him.

His first instinct was to wrap his arm around her and his other hand holding onto something to stable him.

"S-Sorry, someone push—" she tried to move away but he didn't let her, she looks at him and he smiled at her.

"Don't move or you'll bump into someone again." She tried to protest but he turned deaf ears to her.

She was flustered at how close they were, how that familiar scent was invading her senses.

She could feel his heart beating fast and she knew he could feel hers too which made her flustered and bury her head in his chest so he won't be able to see her red face.

"You okay," he whispered near her ear, and goosebumps rose on her skin.

"Y-Yeah, just not a fan of crowds." She made an excuse hoping he would believe her.

Feeling concerned, "Why didn't you tell me before?" He suddenly changed their positions, she was standing against the door while he placed his hand on the door for support.

She gulped.

Oh boy.

"Just focus on me, okay, don't be afraid, I'm right here." He looked so concerned that she felt bad for lying to him.

This isn't going to help, this will make things worse.

"Are you okay? Your face is kinda red," he pointed it out and she wanted to die right then and there.

"I'm fine, it just hot here." She fanned herself as she looked anywhere but him.

"If you feel claustrophobic then don't look around just focus on me or it might get worse." She looked at him with a nervous smile, feeling like telling him that the crowd isn't the problem, he is.

When will this train stop?

___________________________________

Hello guys!

Another update.

Hope I can continue updating like this.

What do you guys think about this chapter?

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading.