Chapter 14

Jungkook's P.O.V.

"How is she?"

"We have run some tests on her and she's fine. It's just a sore throat and some damaged vocal cords. We checked her brain just in case if it was a serious case, but she's lucky that it wasn't severe damage. Try not to let her talk too much." The doctor advice me and I nod, still in shock of what happened a while ago.

And that bastard, he's arrested.

Rot in jail, you fucker!

I walk inside the room she's in and she's still sleeping, maybe from exhaustion.

I wish I could have reached earlier.

Drown in guilt, just by watching her even more pale skin makes my heart twinge. Her skin looks as white as sheets, as if she's a breathing corpse. The heart monitor was the only thing that calmed me a bit or else her pale skin scared me.

Why did this happen to her? What did she have to do with him? Why was he after her?

All those questions running in my head making me even more confused and frustrated.

I look at the red and purple skin and wince just by thinking about the pain it must have caused. I look at the dark red bruise on her shoulder and my jaw clicked, fist clenched in anger.

I should've killed that bastard!

Even after all of this, she still manages to look beautiful.

Wait—what am I thinking?!

I shake my head at my absurd thought and take a deep breath.

I care about her, but only as a friend.

Trying to convince this to myself by telling this, although my heart contradicts it but I let my mind take over because listening to my heart won't take me anywhere, it already left me heartbroken.

A whimper escapes her lips and she stirs in her sleep. I jump to my feet and hold her hand. Slowly she flutters her eyes open and looks at me with half eyelids open.

"J-Jungkook..." She croaks out, her voice hoarse, making my stomach churn in worry.

"Shhh, don't talk," I say as softly as I could and push away from the strand of hair off her face.

"I'll inform the doctor that you have woken up." I give her hand a reassuring squeeze and turn around to leave but I feel a tug at my shirt. Turning around, I saw as she shakes her head, "Stay," she says so quietly that if this room wasn't this silent I wouldn't have been able to hear her.

I couldn't say no to her when she looks at me pleadingly. I nod and sit back down on the seat beside her bed.

"I'm here, don't worry."

___________________________________

In the evening, she was discharged so I took her to my house.

There's so way in hell I'm letting her stay in her house alone.

And her house is a mess so she basically can't live there.

We reach my house and I pull over my father's car which I requested him to hand me for a day, he complied without any hesitation.

He's the best!

Removing my seatbelt, I see Lisa slowly removing her seatbelt. I get out of the car and walk towards her side. I open her door and I bring my hand out for her to take, she takes my hand and stands up.