Chapter 6

Lisa's P.O.V.

I was putting my books in my locker while my mind was occupied by only one person.

Jungkook.

I sigh, I really miss talking to him even if I know I can't have him, just being his friend was enough for me.

I messed up big time.

What was I even thinking that time, I knew he wouldn't believe me but I still couldn't close this stupid mouth of mine?

Only if I could turn back time.

Honestly, it hurts. It hurts to see him talking to that traitor. It hurts so much more when he's just beside me but I can't even say hello to him.

You're so close yet so far from my reach.

Tears gathered in my eyes, ready to fall but I tightly close my eyes before they could fall and take a deep breath. I wipe the tears that gather at the corner of my eyes.

I pick up the necessary books for my first class then slam my locker shut. Just as I turn around, I saw someone angrily stomping towards me.

Jennie?

I was about to speak but she cut me off by pointing her index finger towards me, "You! How could you do this to me?!" She growls which makes me gulp because she looks scary.

I was confused at her. Has she gone mad?

What did I do?

Again as I was about to speak, she cut me off, "I knew it from the start that you like Jungkook but I didn't know that you will go to this extent just to have him! It was naive of me to think that you were innocent but you proved me wrong!" My eyes widen, mouth gapes.

Oh no! How did she know?!

She harshly pushes me against my locker and let me tell you, it really hurts. I groan then glare at her.

What does she think of herself, huh?!

"You have crossed your limit and you're going to pay for it!" She raises her hand and I instinctively clench my eyes shut, my hands coming forward to shield my face.

I wait for the impact but it didn't come.

I peek from one eye and what I saw made me open my eyes widely, jaw-dropping. I was shocked to see him defending me.

Jungkook.

Jungkook just stood there, holding Jennie's wrist to prevent her from slapping me.

What surprises me more was the death glare he was giving her. "Now you listen! I've had enough of your drama so please leave us alone and if I saw you near her, I won't hesitate to take action against you." He spats angrily at her and I just stand there frozen at my place.

Okay, What just happened?

He grabs my wrist tightly and gives Jennie one last glare then starts to drag me along with him. His furious steps echoing throughout the hallway because there weren't many students present here. 

I turn my head to look at her, only to find standing at the same place, looking down at her hands.

He drags me to the school's background. He lets go of my wrist and I rub it because of how tight he was holding it and I'm sure it's going to leave a bruise here.

He sits on a bench with his head in his hands. I quietly sit beside him and find enough courage to ask, "Why?" I know he understands what I mean.

"W-We broke up..." his voice cracks and my heart breaks at his broken state.