Chapter 15

Author's P.O.V.

Jennie was drowned in the valley of her own thoughts, she is trying not to dwell on them so she could at least let out a breath of relief.

But life just loves challenging her and she can't do anything about it.

Strolling through the park aimlessly, inhaling the fresh air to calm her nerves and focus on her refreshing surrounding.

Suddenly, she hears the cry of a kid.

Breaking out of her reverie, she looks around in curiosity, and her eyes land on a kid standing beside the tree while wiping his tears which won't stop flowing.

Just seeing the kid crying breaks her heart.

She walks up to the little guy and bends down in front of him, he still hasn't noticed her. "Hey." She calls out as softly as she could, scared if she went loud it will break the kid into pieces.

The little boy stops wiping his tears and looks at her with doe eyes while sniffling, a pout gracing his lips. Her heart aches to see such a cute kid crying.

"Why are you crying?" She asks and she gets a bit more closer to the kid

His face scrunches and he lets out a cry, "H-Hyung."

He starts crying again and Jennie couldn't see him like this so she pulls the kid in her embrace, "It's okay, I'll help you find your Hyung, okay?" She wipes his tears and smiles at him at which he nods in return.

"What's your name?" She asks and he sniffles, "Hanshol." He says and looks a bit proud while saying his name which makes Jennie smile.

"How old are you, Hansol?" He thinks for a while then looks at her with wide eyes, "I'm three!" He shows his small three chubby fingers making her coo at his cuteness.

She picks up the kid and walks around, asking the kid if he recognizes any face. She can't ask people because who knows they might lie and kidnap the poor kid.

The kid was losing hope as he starts crying again. He keeps crying and Jennie coos at the kid but he won't stop crying. She runs a hand through his soft hair, "Shhh, we're going to find your Hyung, I promise." But that still didn't stop him from crying his heart out.

He's perplexed and terrified at not seeing any familiar faces, all faces are unknown to him and that scares him.

Meanwhile, Jennie feels frustrated and worried about this kid. Everyone is looking at her weirdly which makes her anxious.

"HANSOL!" Someone yells the kid's name and Jennie whips her towards the direction of the voice, finally feeling some hope.

"Hyung!" The kid cries out and soon someone is running in their direction and to her surprise, it's the person who has been avoiding her for a few days ever since she accused him.