Chapter 23

Taehyung's P.O.V.

I was walking down the hallway, subtly looking for someone in particular.

"Taehyung?"

I hear a skeptical voice which made me halt in my steps.

It sounds familiar.

I turn around only to find Irene looking at me weirdly.

"Hi, Irene! Do you need anything?" I ask, uncertain about the look she's giving me.

"Why are you here?" She points downward and I was hella confused by her question.

"To attend school....?" I raise an eyebrow, not sure where she is getting.

She rolls her eyes, "Shouldn't you be in the music room?" Her questions don't make any sense at all.

Did she hit her head somewhere?

"Why would I be?"

"Idiot, didn't you send that boy to call Jennie in the music room?" She says and raises an eyebrow at me.

When did I?

"Wait, so Jennie is in the music room?" I ask her because I'm not getting a good feeling about this.

"Yeah, she's already there, now go before she gets angrier," She says with an encouraging smile and I forced a smile back.

Who called her?

"Thanks for telling me!" I quickly let it out and rush towards the music room.

My heart was beating fast, there was this weird feeling in my chest.

Please be okay. I hope it's not what I'm thinking.

When I reach there, panting heavily, I look at the door and it was closed.

Frowning in confusion, I run a hand through my hair.

Was Irene pranking me?

I was about to turn around when I hear a loud voice from inside the room, "STOP!"

On instinct, I twist the knob and the lock was open, I rush inside to see the room was dark with the help of the light coming from the door, I find the switch and turn it on.

And that's when I found her figure huddled up, her hands placed against her ears, tears staining her cheeks.

I feel a pang in my chest at the sight of her.

I rush towards her figure and gently place my hand on her shoulder but she got scared and thought I was gonna hurt her.

Why would she think like that?! What happened here?!

I call her name to let her know it's me, but she looks dazed so I call her name again a bit loudly this time.

I was perplexed and worried at her state.

She didn't look okay so I helped her stand up. She was about to fall but I caught her in time. I decided to pick her up cause she clearly can't walk properly.

I was looking forward when I feel something on my shoulder, turning my head, I see that she has placed her head on my shoulder with her eyes closed.

"Jen," I call her to confirm my suspicion.

She didn't respond, I shake her body a bit and call her name again but she wasn't responding.

Shit.

___________________________________

I slam his body against the wall, "What did you do to her?!" I growl at him as he was shaking in fear, his face decorated with bruises that I have gifted him.