Chapter 16

Lisa's P.O.V.

Waking up to this warm feeling like I was melting in someone's embrace, feels like pure bliss. I didn't want to open my eyes because this feeling was making me sleepy again.

There was something firm yet warm against my forehead and I snuggled more against it, seeking its warmth.

Wait a minute.

My eyes shot open and I look up to see the person who holds my heart is holding me against his chest.

If this is a dream, I don't ever wanna wake up.

Looking at him up this close and him holding me like this, it's hard to believe that I and Jungkook cuddled the whole night.

I've never slept so peacefully in my whole life like I did last night.

Waking to his face up this close hits different.

I can get used to it.

But only if he allows me to.

Bringing my hand towards his face, I sweep away his hair from his forehead, now his full face on display for me.

How did I get so lucky to see you up this close?

My eyes catch the scar on his cheek and I unknowingly trace it with my finger, trailing my finger up to his sharp jawline.

I can't believe I'm touching him.

Call me selfish but I want to take full advantage of this situation because who knows when will I ever get a chance to be this close to him.

Only if you could see me.

He already owns my heart and if he gives me a chance in his life, I will give all of me to him without anything in return. I just want him to reciprocate my feelings.

Is it too much to ask for?

But I know he's still into Jennie and I don't know how to make him move on from her. Just thinking about them getting back together churns my stomach in fear. I don't think I can survive that.

I can't stop the fluttering feeling in my heart, with him holding me this close to him. But I also don't want to raise my expectations because I know he's doing all of this as sympathy.

Call me pathetic but if this is how I'll be able to be close to him then I don't care.

But I also don't want him to take me for granted.

My eyes drift towards those red luscious lips of his, they were parted and looked so inviting.

I shake my head at my unnecessary thoughts and look at the mole just under his lower lip. Before I know it, my hand was already touching it and I might or might not have intentionally traced his lower lip which felt so soft against my thumb.

How would it feel to have them against mine?

I pull myself up a bit and now I was face to face with him. My heart beating fast at what I was going to do. I know I'm taking advantage of this situation but my rational thoughts have thrown out of the window as soon as my eyes set on his lips.