2 || nice to meet you

| CHAPTER TWO
| nice to meet you

| CHAPTER TWO| nice to meet you

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

"Yes, he's available," my mom said over the phone, pacing around the kitchen as I was finishing up the French toast I'd made for breakfast and took a big gulp of water.

"No, he's eighteen now. He can work full days," she reassured the person on the phone. "Mhm. Ah, no. He doesn't mind."

I put my plate in the sink and finished the last of the water I still had left before leaving the kitchen to get back to my room.

I'd spent all of the summer sitting in my room doing absolutely nothing. There wasn't much I could do, I realized. I'd seen every movie and tv show known to mankind, I'd tried playing video games but got sworn at by kids half my age, and as much as I loved baking, I'd come to the realization that doing it every day got rather repetitive.

When I wasn't wasting my time on social media, I'd picked up reading again. It was a pretty common hobby, and it was definitely more rewarding than falling into the depths of the internet, but summer was coming to an end and my mom finally had time to get me back into business.

I checked my phone, making sure nothing extremely interesting was happening. There really wasn't. I got a few articles about me allegedly getting back to work after a two-year hiatus, and a few catching people up on my previous projects.

Bradley Mullen's Golden Child About To Follow His Footsteps

Hollywood's Cutest Blondie All Grown Up And Back In Business

I didn't know why people cared as much as they did. I didn't want all of the attention I was given, which is why I wasn't exactly sure about returning.

I quickly closed the tab and took a breath. It was just part of the job. No job was perfect.

My phone buzzed and a message from my group chat popped up.

Ava:
Guys, did I leave my laptop at either of urs?

I rolled my eyes but couldn't repress a chuckle.

You:
Aren't you literally leaving tomorrow? Not with me btw

Keith:
What he said

Ava:
You're useless.

I put my phone away and grabbed the book still waiting to be read from my nightstand and opened it. Much reading wasn't done, however. It was more so just me staring at pages filled with words as my mind drifted off to what getting back to work would mean for me.

The acting industry was not new to me. I'd been an actor since the moment I was freed from my mom's womb and did it non-stop until I turned sixteen and opted for a break. This meant I knew that who I was now was not good enough.