38 || Mercury

| CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
| Mercury

| CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT| Mercury

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

"Who's that? Is it Ocean?" Maria asked, an eager grin on her face as she pretended to look over my shoulder. I was gonna have to change his name in my phone now.

"Yeah," I said, reading through the messages to filter out whatever was important. Most of it were 'I miss you's, sent about once every half hour starting from around 4 AM. And then there were a few messages saying he's excited for our date tomorrow morning.

You:
Do you even sleep at all?

Oakley:
Sleep is iverrrated anyway

Oakley:
Where have you been? I've missed u

I watched over my shoulder to make sure no one was peeping, but everyone seemed to be conversing with one another, while I was stuck looking at my phone.

You:
Asleep, like any normal person would be

I missed you too though

Oakley:
Will I see you tomorrow morning?

You:
Yeah, I'll see you then. I'll talk to you later, okay? Will you be okay for now?

Oakley:
As long as you don't forgrt about me

You:
I won't. If anything is wrong, text me, ok?

When I finally did get home later that afternoon, I was immediately bombarded with Oakley who was continuously ringing up my phone the moment I texted him I was there. I let it ring until I got to take off my shoes and get to my room, so I could give him my full attention. Though somewhere I knew it would annoy him a little.

"You're mean," he said once I finally did pick up.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said, the corners of my lips twitching up.

"I think I just wrote a very potent album. Want a snippet?"

Before I could even say anything, the background music started getting louder, and he was singing to me over the phone. He didn't seem to have a full set of lyrics yet, so parts were a faint murmuring. But just the way he sang and the way he played the guitar made my stomach do these funny flips.