35 || drunk words, sober thoughts

| CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
| drunk words, sober thoughts

| CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE| drunk words, sober thoughts

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀʀɪʟʟᴏ

"This isn't my first party, Oakley. I know my limits," he said as he poured down another cup.

"Hey, it's enough," I said, taking the cup from him before he could finish it.

"Give it back!" he said, reaching out to try and take it from me, but I moved it out of his way.

"How many drinks have you had?"

"As many as I've been fed," he said, flashing me a toothy grin. "I feel quite amazing. Let's go dance again."

He couldn't even walk in a straight line anymore, he bumped into everyone close enough, mumbling a string of sorries everywhere he went.

"Alright, let's get you upstairs," I said, holding onto his arm. Half his weight fell on my shoulder, and I almost dropped to my knees. I really needed to start working out.

"Have I told you that I love your hair like that?" he asked me as we slowly climbed the stairs, step by step.

"You do?"

"Mhm. You look hot."

I almost dropped him again, but we caught ourselves before we could hit the steps.

"I don't think I would've said that sober," he mumbled. "But I stand by it. Drunk thoughts, sober words, right? Wait... no. Drunk words, sober thoughts?"

"I guess so." In my experience, drunk people just said whatever. I also didn't believe the first thing on people's minds was always what they believed. Thoughts could be intrusive, so drunk actions were often impulsive.

He stopped walking and stood a little straighter, and then he looked at me with his forest green eyes, brought out by the rosy cheeks.

"God, you're fucking beautiful."

"So are you, alright? Let's get you in bed," I said, leading him to the guest bedroom.

The only bedrooms that were always always off limits with these parties were mine and Gen's own, and she always made sure to lock the door to both. I rummaged through my pockets, looking for the keys to my room. My first step to victory was when I finally found them.

Right as I closed the door behind me, Nolan dropped down, almost missing the bed. But he was already sliding off the side, and by the time I made it to him, he had already rolled off, making a loud thud on the ground. He groaned loudly, the sound reaching over the music which was still quite loud up here.

He rolled over so his face was turned towards me now.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, kneeling down so I was sitting next to him. I didn't have the energy to help him up anymore.