41 || flustered

| CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
| flustered

| CHAPTER FORTY-ONE| flustered

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀɪʟʟᴏ

I was floating in the water, watching the sky as the sun kissed my skin, occasionally closing my eyes just to think. Melodies were playing in my head, as they've been doing a lot more often lately. I wasn't afraid of losing it, because I knew they would come to me.

I could write music without actually writing it. That took a certain type of talent only reserved for the greatest, the most passionate musicians of them all. And I could with a hundred percent certainty say that I belonged to them. I would go down a legend.

When I opened my eyes again, a flock of birds flew over my head, confirming my idea. This was the sign that I was meant for greatness.

I laughed, watching the birds fly over me. And when they passed, I stood up in the water again.

I had to tell Nolan about this.

I ran up the stairs, nearly stumbling over my bundle of clothes before I ran up to the house. Once I finally reached the bedroom, all out of breath, he was finally awake, looking at me with wide eyes as I stood in front of him.

"You're awake," I said with a grin, "I have great news."

"Can you come here for a second," he asked from the bed, sitting up and patting the spot next to him.

"I'm all wet," I told him, shaking some of the water out of my hair to prove the point. "Anyway, I have amazing news. I think I've found my purpose."

It took him a few seconds of simply staring at me before he replied. "What is it?" he asked.

"I'm supposed to bring the world peace. I mean, think about it. I'm this amazing fucking musician. I've got this gift, and with that talent came my fame, you know? And together, that makes influence, right? So... so... if I make music asking for world peace... And I get the whole world to listen to it at once. I could buy ad space on tv and the radio for the same time worldwide, right? And then my music will bring us all together. So I was thinking about it when I was in the water and I know it sounds ridiculous just like this, but then I got this sign. There was this flock of birds, right as I thought about it."

He nodded, eyes darting across my face, and then he got up so we were face to face.

"So what do you think?" I asked him. The combination of running and talking had me slightly out of breath.

He held my face, and I grinned, watching the frown between his eyebrows form as he looked at me. I let my hand reach up to his face, placing my fingers on his temple, and rubbed the wrinkle gently with my thumb. I wanted nothing more than to know what was going through his head.