3 || sarcasm

| CHAPTER THREE
| sarcasm

| CHAPTER THREE| sarcasm

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀʀɪʟʟᴏ

When Trisha and I first got to the studio they were shooting at, she frowned.

"It's all white," she said. "I wonder what she's gonna do with all this."

"Probably the symbolism. She's been doing that a lot lately."

Trisha shrugged. "I'm gonna go see if I can trick the make-up artist to do mine."

"Just so you can mess it up at the chocolate fountain Gen minutes later?"

"I'm fifteen, Oakley. Not five. I know how to handle the chocolate fountain."

"Sure," I said, rolling my eyes. "Let them fix your hair too. You look terrible."

She punched me in the arm before leaving.

It wasn't long before Gen found me. "Oakley," she said, appearing behind me. I turned around and smiled. She was wearing all white too, which was kind of interesting. She actually never wore white willingly. She thought it was too bland.

"Hey," I said, opening my arms so I could hug her.

"You've been gone for ages! How was your tour?"

"It was alright," I told her.

She was quiet for a little bit longer than usual, and when she pulled away from the hug I could tell by the look on her face something was up. It took me a while to remember what it could possibly be about, since the incident was quite early into the tour.

"Danny told you, didn't he?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said. "Don't worry, alright?"

"You do remember what I told you about Stellar Records, right? Drop them as soon as you can."

"I will. I have to wait until at least February next year, and even then I don't think it'll be a clean break. I talked to Mason and he—"

"He's still your manager?"

"Yeah, he's in the contract with Stellar," I told her. "I can't drop him until the contract with Stellar ends."

"I hate that man," she admitted. "But Stellar and Mason aside, take better care of yourself. Go see a doctor about what happened so you can get proper treatment."

"I don't need treatment," I said. "I was just a little stressed out and I got a little high."

"Most people don't end up in the hospital for a little weed, Oakley."

"Well, I did. Now I know it's not for me. I'm fine."

"You were being monitored for a week."

"And that week is now over. Can we please just let it go now?"