Chapter 2 - The Embarrassment

Ayla along with The Shield arrived 30 minutes late than they were supposed to be. Luckily Ayla's segment was scheduled to be the closing of the live telecast show of RAW, following a dark match between her and Rhea Ripley. She wasn't having a televised match, so it wasn't much pressure. She quickly grabbed her bag and made her way to her locker room after thanking The Shield. As she was making her way to the locker room area, she caught a glimpse of a familiar figure, walking back and forth.

"Daddy?" Ayla said. She gulped once she saw how red his face was, clearly mad at her. One thing that Hunter hates the most was when people are late to work.

"Where have you been?" Hunter yelled, louder than he was supposed to.

"I'm sorry daddy, I-"

"Don't sorry me! Do you know what time it is? You are supposed to be here half an hour ago. You know I hate it when people are late, don't you?" Hunter yelled.

Ayla sighed. "Yes daddy. But I-"

"No buts, Ayla Georgia. Get inside and change into your ring gear. Now!" Hunter yelled, his eyes were piercing hers.

Ayla looked around. Everyone around there had stopped what they were doing and were looking at her being scolded by her dad aka the boss. She couldn't believe that Hunter would embarrass her in public like that. True it was her fault for being late but he wouldn't even let her explain. As much as she would like to argue with Hunter right now, she has a show to put on. The argument is gonna have to wait.

"Yes sir" Ayla said, not even looking up at him before grabbing her luggage and walking towards the women's locker room. She needed to share the locker room now since Vince has ordered only top stars will get their own locker room.

Only one female star right now was their top money maker, Becky Lynch. Becky was the only woman who got her own locker room at the moment. True, Ayla was a star but Ayla was still a new face or in the wrestling language, an amateur. She still has a long way to be the top star like Becky.

She pushed open the locker room door and all eyes were on her. An awkward silence fell in the room as she stood at the doorway.

"Ayla?" Paige greeted Ayla with an abrupt hug.

"Paige. It's so good to see you" Ayla said. At least someone she was familiar with was there.

"Likewise, girl. You're sharing the locker room with us?" Paige asked.

"Uh huh" Ayla nodded.

"OOOOFF that's great, Ayla. Come on, I'll introduce you to the others" Paige said.

***************************

Ayla walked backstage after her match. She couldn't care about the sting on her shoulder from the bump she took during the match. Rhea was a great competitor, no doubt but it was Ayla's fault herself that she botched a move, landing on her side the wrong way. Ayla just couldn't keep focus on her match as she kept remembering about what had happened today. From the airport, to the rental issue, to Hunter yelling at her. All of it. So much for her first time on the road alone. All of these just makes Ayla feel like crying. It was all a mixed feeling. Scared, sad, anger.

She hadn't realized she had walked all the way to catering when she heard a voice behind her.

"That was a nasty bump out there" Dean said.

"Yeah" Ayla said, sniffing her phlegm back in.

"Why are you crying again?" Dean asked.

"No, it's nothing." Ayla plastered a fake smile.

"Huh? Crying over nothing? Now that's strange. Is that some kind of a therapy?" Seth emerged out of nowhere.

Ayla chuckled. "No, nothing. Really. It's just the pain, I guess?" Ayla covered.