Chapter 8 - The Reconciliation

Ayla walked out of the bathroom all dressed up for class as she made her way towards the bed. She sat beside Cameron who was still asleep, patting his shoulder gently.

"Cammy" Ayla called out. "Cammy wake up"

"Huh?" Cameron opened one eye partially, looking as confused as ever. Clearly he hadn't got enough sleep last night after hearing all of Ayla's confessions. "What?" He asked in the most raspy voice ever.

"It's time to go to class" Ayla said. 

Cameron inhaled deeply before rubbing his eyes, stretching his arms out before sitting up with a loud grunt. 

"Where are you going?" Cameron asked.

"Class?" Ayla said

"What? Why? You're not feeling well." Cameron said.

"I need to go, Cammy. We have a test today, remember?" Ayla asked. "Now get your ass in there or we're gonna be late" 

Cameron groaned but walked to the shower anyways.

As soon as they were both dressed up for class, they made their way downstairs.

"Hey guys" Stephanie greeted once they reached downstairs. 

"Hey mom" Ayla said.

"Where are you guys going so early in the morning?" Hunter asked.

"We're going to class" Cameron answered when Ayla remained silent.

"Class? Why? You're not feeling well, Ayla" Hunter said.

"I'm fine" Ayla answered. She wasn't in the mood to talk to him, neither to argue with him.

"We have a test today. Either way we need to go to class anyway" Cameron answered on Ayla's behalf. He gets that Ayla was still gloomy but he didn't want Hunter to feel bad either.

Hunter nodded. 

"Why don't you guys join in for breakfast?" Stephanie asked. "I've made chocolate chip pancakes" She said, knowing they were Ayla's favorite. Ayla loves Stephanie's chocolate chip pancakes. They're so perfect in shape and fluffy.

"I guess we'd just pack them and eat later. We need to go catch that train if we don't wanna be late for class" Cameron said.

"Train? Why are you guys going on the train?" Stephanie asked.

"It's a long story, Aunt Steph. I'll tell you later. Right now we really need to make a move" Cameron said.

"You kids aren't going to class on a train today. I'm dropping you guys at Yale" Hunter said. "Just wait for a minute while I go change" Hunter said, rushing upstairs.

Ayla wasn't able to respond as Hunter quickly made his way upstairs. He was dropping them at college? That was weird.

"You kids wait here while I go pack your food, alright?" Stephanie said, walking towards the kitchen. 

"Uh, let me help you with that, Aunt Steph" Cameron offered, following Stephanie to the kitchen. He felt bad for letting her to walk around a lot, especially with her baby bump beginning to get more obvious. It wasn't really big yet, but it was enough to show that she was pregnant. Stephanie is 4 months pregnant now but she was still actively walking around.

The car ride to Yale was the most quiet rides that Ayla has ever been on. Ayla pretended to sleep the whole car ride to avoid any commotions that could occur. She was afraid Hunter might take the opportunity to ask her what happened and why did she faint. She knew Hunter wants to ask but she just didn't have the strength to have another mental breakdown at the moment. She laid asleep at the backseat of the car and woke up when Cameron 'woke her up' when they reached Yale.