Chapter 59 - The Runaway

Kev pulled Hunter aside, staring at him deep into his eyes. 

"What?" Hunter asked.

"You tell me what. Why did you talk to her that way?" Kev asked, his face was clearly annoyed.

"Talk in what way?" Hunter decided to go back and forth.

"Don't play dumb, Hunter. You know what you just did" Kev said, his eyes squinting as he took a step nearer, intimidating the smaller guy.

"I just wanted to make sure she is more careful the next time" Hunter defended.

"Then you could have just said so. You needn't to be so harsh. You know she wouldn't do it on purpose" Kev defended.

"I didn't say she did it on purpose" Hunter argued.

"But the way you said it made it look like that, Hunter. I'm telling you. It was an accident. Accidents are things that happened at an unexpected time. Don't you think she would've protected Aurora if she had the chance? The problem is she didn't and-"

"You know what, Kev? I'm tired of hearing this and I'm not gonna listen. I'm in a good mood, I wanna celebrate the rest of the party" Hunter snapped. 

Kev looked at Hunter in disbelief. Man, he really has changed. "Fine. But you will listen this. I don't like the way you treat her. I don't know for how long this has been going on or what the hell happened between you two, but I don't like the way you speak to her. Not one bit. And if she suddenly takes a drastic decision, then trust me. I'm not gonna help you with it. Don't regret it then" Kev warned. He took a moment to scan Hunter's clueless expression before backing out. 

Hunter stared at Kev as he walks away. Drastic decision?

*******************************

Rogan woke up to find the bed empty, so he slid down the bed and walked around the room to find for his sister. He walks out of the room when he couldn't find for her anywhere in the room, making his way downstairs. He walks into the dining hall, scanning through the crowd, trying to find for Ayla.

"Hey Rogan. Good morning, son. Have you taken your shower?" Shane asked, approaching his youngest.

Rogan shook his head side to side. "I was finding for Ayla"

"For Ayla? She was with you last night, wasn't she?" Kev asked.

"She was but when I woke up this morning, I couldn't find for her" Rogan said.

"Maybe she is taking a shower?" Scott suggested.

"The shower was empty in her room" Rogan said.

"Maybe she's showering in another room?" Billy said to which a few of them shot him a look.

"What?" Billy shrugged.

"I haven't seen her since this morning either" Taker said, looking around.

"Me neither" Kane said.

"It's okay, buddy. I'm sure she's just around here. Did you try finding for her outside?" Shane turned to Rogan to which he shook his head. "Why don't you go find for her outside and get her to come over for breakfast, hmm?"

"Okay, dad" Rogan said, turning around.

"Let me help you with that" Shawn said, approaching Rogan as he held his hand and lead him outside.

Shawn and Rogan went around the house, not able to find Ayla anywhere. They tried searching everywhere but there were no sign of her.

As a last result, Shawn went back to her room, trying to find for any clues.