Chapter 27 - The Invasion

Storyline:

Last week on RAW....

"You've screwed me once. You can do it again. Now get your ass out here, Hunter and deal with me like a man" Dolph said through the mic.

Hunter's theme song played, the crowd going wild. Hunter was wearing a suit, still acting as the authority gimmick. He walked down the ramp with a serious look on his face.

He went through the second rope, grabbing a mic from the technicians at ringside and turned to face Dolph.

"Triple H! Triple H! Triple H!" The crowd chanted. Heel or face, Hunter would always get cheered no matter what he does.

"Now cut that crappy chant. It's stupid" Dolph protested, earning boos from the crowd.

"Now Hunter, Mr COO. I don't know what you have against me but whatever it is you better stop it. You cannot just remove me from that elimination chamber match because I earned that spot. I beat Bobby Lashley with every inch of my life. I worked for it" Dolph said.

"Dolph, look. I don't have anything against you. Definitely, you earned that spot, there is no doubt in that. But there is a reason why I took you out of that match." Hunter said, pacing around the ring before coming face to face with Dolph.

"You see, Dolph. You are something bigger. You are the perfection. You are The Showoff. You are an icon. You are the future of WWE. You don't need the elimination chamber to prove your ability because you are much bigger than that. You've accomplished a lot in such a young age. That's why I took you out of the elimination chamber." Hunter explained.

Dolph seemed a little confused with what Hunter was trying to say.

"Instead, I've made a match that I feel you actually deserve" Hunter said and Seth Rollins's theme song hits. Dolph turns around, surprised to see Seth at the ramp.

Seth made his way to the ring and stood beside Hunter, his eyes not leaving Dolph's.

"Seth, you will face Dolph Ziggler for the number one contender match tonight. The winner gets to face the champion at the Elimination Chamber" Hunter announced, the crowd going wild.

"And just to make sure this match remains pure, I think I will be the special guest referee" Hunter announced.

"What a match it's gonna be, Byron. Seth Rollins vs Dolph Ziggler for the number one contender match in which the winner would face the champion, Dean Ambrose at Elimination Chamber. How cool is that?" Cole said.

"I don't know, Cole. It is a tough situation for Seth. It is his chance to be the WWE Champion, which is a direct pathway for him without needing to compete with the other 5 men in the elimination chamber. Triple H has done a favour for Seth. But then again, the champion is his own brother, Dean Ambrose. He would have to defeat his brother to get the title. What was Seth gonna do?" Byron pointed.

"You're absolutely right, Byron. Let's see what happens next when RAW returns after the break" Cole said.

************************

Dolph locks Seth in a sleeper move as Seth runs his hand in the air, trying to find a way out of the submission.

Hunter paced around the ring, asking if Seth wants to give it up to which Seth shook his head. Dolph drags them both to the ropes to which Seth took advantage and pushed Dolph to the other side of the ring, breaking the sleeper hole. 

Dolph ran back towards Seth, looking for a clothesline but missed. Seth kicked Dolph right on the face, sending Dolph to his knees. The crowd cheered, knowing what is coming up next. Seth ran towards the ropes and turned around, running back towards Dolph, lifting up his left leg, looking for a stomp on the head to which Dolph quickly moved away, Seth missing the stomp.