Chapter 57 - The Knock Out

Shane walks in to the backyard of his mansion, relieved to find Ayla there after searching for her throughout the whole house. He walks towards her and gave her a warm smile before taking a seat beside her. 

"Cold?" Shane asked, looking at her who was wrapped in a blanket in the middle of summer season. 

Ayla sniffed her phlegm in, nodding. Her nose was red as a tomato, getting darker each time she sniffs.

"You shouldn't be outside if you're having a cold, you know?" Shane said.

"I know, Uncle Shane. I just couldn't stay in my room" Ayla said, tightening her arms around her knees. 

"Have you been crying again?" Shane asked, noticing how red her eyes were. 

"No I wasn't" Ayla lied.

"Did that asshole text you again?" Shane asked, ignoring Ayla's lie. He knows that she would randomly start crying whenever she's alone for the past three days. 

"Yeah" Ayla sighed. 

"What is it this time?" Shane asked.

"He said that I was being disrespectful towards him and that I'm being ungrateful" Ayla said.

"He did?" Shane asked, his eyebrows frowned when Ayla nodded. She took her phone and showed him Hunter's texts which was enough to make Shane's blood boil. This has gone too far.

"That's it. He's crossed the line" Shane said, getting up. 

"Uncle Shane, no, please" Ayla held Shane's arm.

"He's gone too far, Ayla and someone is gonna have to knock some sense into him" Shane argued. 

"Please, don't do anything, Uncle Shane. Please" Ayla said, panicking. 

Shane remained silent but didn't make any effort to sit back down. He looked deep into her eyes that were glassy as ever.

"Please" Ayla whispered, her tears threating to fall out.

Shane, without a choice, sat back beside her, looking at her with sympathy. 

"Somebody is gonna have to talk to him, Ayla. We can't let this be as it is" Shane said with a heavy sigh.

"Just let it be, Uncle Shane. I'm tired of thinking right now." Ayla said.

"You can't give up so easily, Ayla" Shane said. "You can't give up on your family"

"I didn't, Uncle Shane" Ayla said, laying a side of her head over her arms. "He has" 

Shane zipped his mouth close, studying her expressionless face. He wasn't able to interpret how she was feeling.

"I'm sure he has a good explanation behind all of his actions. He better have one or he's gonna get his ass kicked" Shane said.

Ayla let out a small smile. It's cute how Shane feels all protective of her. Looks like her uncles list is getting longer and longer.

Ayla laid her head on Shane's chest, pulling her jacket closer so she wouldn't feel cold. Shane wrapped an arm around her, caressing her back and laying a kiss on the top of her head. There were no words to describe how much he loves the kid in his arms. Sure, he didn't trust her at first but as time went by, he'd learned to love her the way she is.

"Mi amour" Rogan called out, standing at the doorway.

Ayla peaked a little from Shane's neck, a wide smile formed at the corner of her lips upon looking at the cute face of her little brother.

"Hey, Rog. Come on here" Shane said, turning to look at his youngest son.

Rogan walked towards them, a worried expression on his face. Ayla broke the hug and held Rogan's hands, pulling him close as he stood in front of her.