Chapter 65 - The Arrest

The doorbell rang and everyone in the household already knew who's it for. It's either gonna be Kev or its gonna be Hunter. Ayla let out a sigh and switched off the TV with the remote and walked towards the door, opening to reveal Kev, Scott, Kid and Shawn.

"Oh, hey boys" Ayla said, a small smile. 

"Hey my little princess. Ate breakfast yet?" Shawn was the first to hug her as they entered the house. 

"We bought some food for ya" Kid showed the two huge plastic bags in his hands. 

Ayla pretended to be shocked whereas she already expected this. How can she not know when its been 5 days since they did the very same thing. Usually it was either just Kev or Kev and Scott swinging by but this was the first time in these 5 days that all her beloved uncles had stopped by together. "That's so sweet"

"Look what I got for you" Scott reached into one of the plastic bags and pulling out something.

"Gummy bears" Ayla said, unsure of how to react. 

"A large packet of it and its all just for you" Scott said enthusiastically. 

They were definitely spoiling her a lot. 

"What is she, Scotty? Five?" Shawn asked, feeling the exact same as Ayla.

"You did just call her a little princess a minute ago" Scott pointed to which Shawn sighed. He had a point, but still. "Aren't you excited, chica?" 

"Of course I am, Scotty." Ayla shrugged, didn't wanna hurt his feelings.

"Wait till you see what I got you. I got you ice cream, some candies, lollipops, cakes and sodas. Oh, and a teddy bear" Kid said, pulling out a teddy bear, just as big as her palm that had a key ring on top. 

"So you didn't get her real food?" Kev asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

Scott and Kid looked at each other, unsure of what to say. They were too excited to get Ayla things that they totally forgot the main reason why Kev sent them both to. 

Looking at their reactions, Kev knew they messed up. He let out a sigh, knowing he should've went together with them. 

"Sorry Big Kev" Kid smiled sheepishly, showing off his 32 white teeth, scratching his neck. 

"Way to go!" Shawn huffed.

"Sorry Kiddo" Kev said, lowering himself so he was the same height as her. 

"That's fine, Kev" Ayla smiled. 

"Do you want to go get breakfast outside with us, instead?" Kev asked. 

Ayla looked hesitant. She was supposed to go with Hunter and Stephanie this afternoon.

"Oh ye, say yes please, Princess. We're starving." Kid persuaded. 

"Sure, but mom and dad said they want to spend time with me at noon" Ayla said, biting her lip. As she expected, Kev's face dropped at the mention of Hunter and Stephanie. He stood up straight, letting a sigh. 

"Alright, we'll be back by then. Shawn, text Steph about us bringing her for breakfast and tell them to meet us in town to pick her up." Kev said. "You okay with that, Horsy?" 

Ayla shrugged. She was down for anything. 

Ayla excused herself and changed into a casual outfit and joined the boys who were waiting for her in the car. Scott drove to town, stopped at a coffee shop in a really quiet area. It was best for them to go where people don't recognize them. They are all really well known here in Canada. Especially Shawn. Not exactly in a good way back in the 90s but at least he's good now.