Chapter 49 - The Exclusive [Part 1]

Ayla paced around the room, nervous for her first ever off character interview. This was the first ever interview she was allowed to do without needing to stay in her Persephone character. Lucky for her, she will have Hunter by her side during the interview as well, so she isn't really that freaked out. 

"Relax, Ayla. You're gonna do fine" Hunter comforted, taking a sip of his coffee. 

"I don't know, daddy. This thing is really getting in to me" Ayla sighed.

"Gosh, kid. You went through the biggest moments of your career before this and now you're worried of a normal interview?" Hunter laughed.

"Guys, you're up in three" A technician came up to them. 

Hunter placed his cup aside and stood up. 

"We'll be there" Hunter said and the technician nodded, making his way out of the room. 

"Come on. I got ya. Just relax and stay calm, alright?" Hunter said, holding her shoulders. "No matter what, just be you, okay? It doesn't matter what other people think. Be you. Be just you, okay?"

Ayla nodded and put on a small smile although she wasn't exactly calm yet. Hunter turned so they stood side by side with each other and held out his arm. Ayla hooked her hand with his arm and they both shared smiles before making their way to the interview main studio. They both were greeted by the host John Kendall. Hunter gave him a firm handshake while John kissed the top of Ayla's hand, making her chuckle. 

John sensed that Ayla looked a little nervous and that warm welcome did as much made her comfortable. 

John sat on a chair at one side of the table while Hunter and Ayla sat at the other side of the table, side by side. The technicians hooked up microphones to their shirts and were testing them out. 

Once everything was done, the producer showed them a thumbs up that everything was ready and they will be on air in 30 seconds.

Hunter gave Ayla's hand a squeeze, giving her a little comfort. 

The producer signaled that they were live and John begin with a lovely and professional introduction. 

"Welcome back on another season of DG Sports Off Character show. I'm your host John Kendall and I have two guests with me here today. Two of the most dominant people in all professional wrestling. Two of the most successful people in their careers respectively. One of them is a rising star and another is THE star of all sports entertainment. Please welcome, my guests for tonight's show, Ayla and Triple H" John welcomed, the technicians in the background applauding them.

Ayla and Hunter gave the widest smiles ever.

"Thank you, John. That was a really impressive introduction" Hunter commended. 

"Why, thank you. I hope you people in the back there hear this and I need a pay raise for that" John joked, cracking everyone in the studio up. There weren't any live audience in the studio, only the technicians, John, Hunter and Ayla were there, which was a total relief for Ayla. 

"You certainly need that" Hunter went along, nodding with a smile.

"Thank you, that means a lot, Triple H. And here we are with The Persephone of WWE, Ayla. Ayla, it's so good to have you" John said.

"It's good to be here, John. And I appreciate you calling me the rising star just now. It means a lot to me" Ayla smiled. Well, she got through that one. 

"My pleasure. And I understand that this is your first ever off character interview, am I right?" John asked.

"Oh yes, this is my first ever interview off character and I hope I'm doing good so far" Ayla chuckled.