Chapter 36 - The Daddy Issues

The family came home late at night and mostly the kids were all already half asleep. Ayla helped out spreading the extra beds and comforters on the living room after pushing all the furniture aside. So Kaia, Cheyenne, Cassy, Gage, Cameron, Tristen, Arista, Cody and Jesse were all sleeping in the living room. Kaia and Cheyenne were already asleep but the others weren't exactly asleep, they just said on the bed, chatting with each other. Devan, Kane's daughter and also Kid Jr couldn't make it to WrestleMania this year. 

The ladies all figured they wanted to share a room, so they took on Ayla's room which has the biggest bed in the apartment and has the widest space. Hunter of course, didn't let Stephanie sleep in there since she would have trouble sleeping in a crowded place. Scott, Kid, Shawn and Kev shared a room while Taker, Jesse, Billy and Kane shared a room. Ayla wasn't sure if Hunter would want to share a room with her or not. He wouldn't exactly kick her out, but he sure wouldn't be comfortable with her around. Just in case, Ayla took a pillow and sat on the couch at the living room, still unable to sleep. 

At this point, everyone were still awake except for Kaia and Cheyenne. They were out at the living room, scattered all over the place as they settled down for TV and late night snacks. 

Kev sent Ayla a warning look when she tried to eat a pizza. He was really strict of her diet. 

"Please, Kev? Just one?" Ayla begged, holding his arm.

"No, but you can have the pineapples on it" Kev said.

"Kev!" Ayla whined.

"Take it or leave it, horsy" Kev shrugged. Without a choice, Ayla opened up as Kev took the pineapples off his pizza and dropped it in her mouth. Ayla squeezed her eyes as she munched the pineapples, looking at Kev with a murderous look.

Kev couldn't help but laugh at her reaction as he puts an arm around her, pulling her close and rubbing her arm. 

"You can have everything you want after WrestleMania, kiddo" Kev said.

"Really?" Ayla's eyes brighten. It's been weeks since she's ate any junk food or any donuts.

"Really" Kev said with a wink. 

"Can we get donuts after WrestleMania?" Ayla asked.

"The whole store" Kev assured to which Ayla squealed, careful not too loud to wake the kids up.

"Can I have your attentions, please?" Taker said, standing in the middle of the living room, careful to keep his voice down.

 Everyone in the apartment turned to face Taker who had a glass in his hand. As if on que, Michelle and Rebecca came with a portable trolley that had glasses of orange juice, handing it out to everyone.

"Thank you, Becca" Ayla said as she took a glass from Rebecca.

"Tomorrow is a huge day. This WrestleMania is gonna be the first WrestleMania that I'm gonna miss in over 2 decades" Taker said to which everyone let out a sad awe.

"That's okay. I'm not sad at all for missing WrestleMania this year. One reason is because I don't have to get my old man body trashed up" Taker joked to which a few chuckles erupted. "And the other reason is, even though I'm not performing this year, someone very special is performing, in fact main event-ing the whole show"

Everyone turned towards Ayla who saw seated on the couch beside Kev and Kid.

"There are no words to describe on how proud I am of you, Ayla. It takes real guts to do what you're gonna do tomorrow, to have a buried alive match. No one has ever dared to take that challenge in years and I'm really happy that you're taking up this challenge and continue my legacy. Thank you, Ayla" Taker smiled to which a few of them clapped their hands.