Chapter 38 - The Miss Out

Shawn arrived at the hospital with Kev and Cameron, rushing towards Hunter once they spotted him. 

"Hunter" Shawn called out, placing a hand over Hunter's shoulder.

Hunter blinked out of his deep thoughts and turned to see his concerned best friend.

"Shawn" Hunter breathed and attacked Shawn with a tight hug, as though he didn't want to let go.

"It's okay, it's okay" Shawn rubbed Hunter's back, knowing how emotional his best friend is. He knows how protective his best friend is of his family and friends. 

Kev joined in the hug, wrapping his big arms around the two and rubbing Hunter's back. They have always been there for each other for over 30 years whenever they need each other. It's amazing how strong their friendship has lasted over the years.

They stood there for a moment before Kev broke the hug.

"Did they say anything about her?" Kev asked.

"No, they're still in there checking on her" Hunter said.

"Why don't you go-"

"Mr Helmsley?" A nurse came out of the ward. 

The boys rushed towards her, the nurse was a little startled when the larger than life men ran towards her. "How is she, is she alright?" Kev asked.

"She's fine. The doctor wants to speak to you, Mr Helmsley. He's waiting in his room at that corner" The nurse pointed. 

"Alright, thank you" Hunter said and rushed towards the doctor's room. He didn't bother to knock as he just pushed the door in. The doctor jumped a little from the thunderous sound, following by 4 large men walking in. 

"Doc, how's Ayla?" Hunter asked.

"Is she alright?" Kev asked.

"Is anything serious?" Shawn asked.

The doctor looked at them who shoots him with all those questions. 

"Relax, gentlemen" The doctor said with a small smile. He motioned for the guys to sit to which they did.

"Is everything alright, doctor?" Hunter asked, taking a seat before him.

"She's alright, Mr Helmsley. She passed out because she was too tired. There's nothing serious with her health" The doctor explained.

"Oh thank goodness, thank you" Hunter breathed, Shawn rubbing Hunter's back. Hunter rubbed his face. No words to describe how thankful he is that she is safe.

"I get that Miss Ayla just had a match last night at WrestleMania, correct?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah, she was the main event" Shawn smiled. He was so proud of Ayla. Her match last night was lit although she was injured.

"I saw that match, actually. I have to say, she really is a talented young kid" The doctor commended.

"Oh yes, she's very talented" Hunter agreed.

"And I'm sure you've planned on making a big push in her career right?" The doctor asked again.

"Oh believe me, she's gonna be the biggest star after WrestleMania" Shawn said, the others agreeing with Shawn.

"That's good news. But then, I'm afraid it's all gonna have to wait" the doctor went back to serious mood.

Hunter frowned, not understanding what he was saying.

"What do you mean?" Hunter asked.

"There's nothing serious with her overall health but however her knee is quite seriously damaged" The doctor said.