Chapter 66 - The Culprit

Ayla held her swollen cheek, her tears couldn't stop flowing from the throbbing pain. The stare of disgust from the people around her added insult to injury. She fixed her gaze to the floor, preventing from people to look at her tears. Her heart raced as she saw a familiar figure step into the police station, she just felt the urge to run into his arms. The yank on her arm from the police officer halted her from doing so.

Hunter's eyes met hers, a sense of relief that she was safe flooded his heart. His heart ached as he saw her sitting on the bench, looking so weak and scared. Her hands were cuffed, his heart felt like it was ripped open. He led the group deeper into the station, approaching the nearest officer.

"Excuse me. I'm Hunter Helmsley. I'm here for my daughter, Ayla Helmsley" Hunter said.

"Wait, aren't you Triple H?" The officer's eyes widen, not expecting the legendary wrestler to be standing right in front of him.

"Yes, I am. I got a call saying that my daughter was arrested 20 minutes ago" Hunter said.

"She would do nothing like that. She is innocent, officer" Kev barged in, not waiting for an explanation from the officer.

"Holy shit, the whole Kliq is here" Another officer said, everyone at the station gave them stares of either amusement or disgust.

"When she said Helmsley, I didn't think it's gonna be THE Helmsley" A lady officer said.

"Yes, well. May I know what happened, officer?" Hunter was getting impatient.

"Right. Miss Helmsley is being accused of selling drugs and stealing a necklace from a well-known jeweller worth 45 thousand dollars earlier this afternoon at Steven Avenue. Miss Helmsley was caught by the staffs of the jewellery shop at the McDonalds in the same street with the jewellery she stole and a few packs of drugs in it as well" The officer tagged Keith read from a case file.

"She's a thief" A guy wearing the uniform of a jewellery shop's staff said with a disgusting look on his face. A few other guys of the same outfit said the same.

"She didn't steal anything" Kev defended, looking at the guys with a death stare. His blood boiled as he heard them call her a thief. "She makes millions a year and she has no need to sell drugs or steal a cheap necklace that isn't even half of her monthly salary"

"You can google her name to see how much she makes a month and you can judge based on it already" Scott supported.

"Yeah, she could even start up her own jewellery shop if she wants to" Kid said. "Hell, she makes more a month than all five of you combined"

The men looked at each other either in amusement of disbelief.

"I'm sorry, Mr Helmsley. As much as all of your statements may be true, but Miss Helmsley was caught red handed with the jewellery and the drugs" Officer Keith budged in, ending the quarel between two parties.

"Did you see her steal?" Hunter asked.

"Tell them what you saw, Mr Daniels" Officer Keith turned towards the group of staffs.

"I was arranging the jewellery when she took the jewellery off the counter and started to run out of the shop" A staff tagged Daniels said.

"Are you sure it was her?" Hunter asked again.

"Yes, she was wearing a blue cap" Daniels said.

"But did you see her face? Are you sure it was her?" Hunter asked again.

Daniels looked hesistant a little, rethinking his thoughts. "I.... I didn't get a close look since it happened too fast"

Hunter smirked. "You didn't get a close look and you weren't sure if it was actually her and you're already jumping into conclusions that it was her that stole your damn jewellery?"