Chapter 45 - The Little One

Ayla laid on her bed, her hands spread out on her sides as her thoughts lingered to what Hunter had just said earlier. She wasn't exactly the wisest person to advice someone, especially a child. But as a big sister, it was her duty to look after her brother. Hunter is right. She needs to comfort the little boy before he comes up with other thoughts. 

A knock on her door caught her attention as she sat up told them to come in. The door opened to reveal Rogan changed into his pajamas and holding his teddy bear in his hand. 

"Mi amour" Rogan called out in the most cutest voice ever. 

"Hey, baby. Come on in" Ayla smiled, patting the spot beside her. 

Rogan closed the door behind him and made his way to her, standing right before her. 

"What brings you here?" Ayla asked, rubbing his shoulders. 

"Can I lay with you tonight?" Rogan asked, his eyes were swollen, clearly showing how much he'd cried. 

"Of course you can, baby. Come on up" Ayla said, helping him up the bed. He winced when he bent his leg, causing him to slide back down. 

"What's wrong?" Ayla asked.

"My bottom is still sore" Rogan answered, his cheeks redden in embarrassment. 

Ayla gave him a small smile as she stood up and lifted him off the ground, wrapping her arms around him. She didn't immediately place him over the bed, instead she kept him in her arms and paced around the room, one of her hand loyally soothing his back. Rogan laid his head over her shoulder, remained silent in her arms. She paced around, taking slow and small steps around the room before slowly making her way back to the bed. She laid him on the bed, his stomach on the bed and laid beside him. He moved a little and placed his head over her shoulder. She ran her hand through his hair, calming him down. 

"Does it still hurt?" Ayla asked. 

Rogan nodded, his eyes were wide open. 

"Did dad hit you hard?" Ayla asked.

"Dad hits very hard" Rogan said.

Ayla gulped upon hearing it. 

"I'm sorry, Mi amour. I didn't mean to make you worried. I just wanted to give you a surprise" Rogan said, his eyes piercing hers. 

"Aww, it's okay, baby. I'm not mad at you. That was really sweet of you" Ayla gave him a small smile. 

"Really?" Rogan seemed to brighten up a little.

"Really. But you have to know what you did was very dangerous" Ayla said, her voice a little serious.

"I'm sorry, Mi amour. I promise I won't be a bad boy anymore" Rogan said, his lips twitching like he was gonna cry again. 

"No, no, you're not a bad boy. Who told you that?" Ayla asked.

"Dad" Rogan said, his eyes welled up with tears. 

"That's not true, baby. You're a really good boy. Dad was just angry. He didn't mean to say that to you" Ayla comforted. 

"But dad spanked my bottom. It really hurts" Rogan said.

"It's gonna be fine, Rog. It won't hurt tomorrow. But I want you to know that dad spanked you because he loves you. He doesn't want you to put yourself in danger. It's not because you're a bad boy" Ayla explained.

Rogan remained silent, looking at her as though waiting for her to continue.

"What you did today was very dangerous, baby. You should never ever take off on your own without telling anyone. There are so many things that could happen. You could've got hurt. And when you got hurt, who's gonna pay the price?" Ayla asked in the most softest voice ever. She didn't want to seem angry. She needs a gentle approach to him.